Chapter 6: "Setbacks"

"What?! What does she mean 'leaving us be'?!" Sayaka crowed, slamming her fist against Mami's coffee table, the force causing the table to arch upward, throwing Mami's delicate tea-glasses airborne!

Mami struggles to catch them all, but she doesn't let a single cup shatter. ".. She just said that she thought we were being too reckless when it came to meeting up.. She thinks us giving one-another some time apart.. That it would let the suspicion on us die off."

"Who the hell does she think she is!? The Culling is coming up very soon, and she wants us to wait? We're gonna miss our shot at this!" Sayaka shouted, gripping her blue hair with frustration. "Ugh! This is so typical! The moment anything starts going right for us, it all begins to fall apart!"

"Calm down, Sayaka.. This is may seem bad.. But it's actually kind of good!.. Now I can focus on saving up my magic for it's grand use.." Mami gently patted Sayaka on her head. "Truly, this isn't a loss!"

"..Hhhh... You're right.. I just wish I knew what was up.. Rei never just bails like this.. Remember when she went up against that Miyumi chick and got electrocuted?.. As a human?" Sayaka asked, beginning to reminisce.

".. I remember.." Mami said, letting out a solemn sigh. ".. But you're right. I've never known her to back out of anything before.. She has the ability of future-vision though, right? Maybe she saw something and this is her way of subtly hinting us."

"Maybe." Sayaka looked out the window, overlooking the city below. ".. Be careful out there, Rei.."

..

It was now 2:15 in the afternoon.. Rei had waited until the morning to drop that letter off at Mami's apartment, taking a break around 8:55 AM to enjoy part of the morning and to relax, before continuing on her previously scheduled witch hunt.

Her soul gem began shining brightly, as she approached an old factory, long out of commission. ".. What do we have here.."

Approaching the front gates, her soul gem began to glow, consistently. ".. Got you.." She whispered, before transforming. She twirled her star-tipped staff, before stabbing it into the gate, piercing the weakened metal. Not long after, the grey gates were enveloped in a brilliant, emerald glow, pulling Rei into it!

..

Her heels clacked against a tile floor, as Rei dropped into a spacious, black and white room. Black tiles under her feet, the walls a clean white. She narrowed her eyes, keeping her staff tightly in her hands as she slowly stepped through the room.

Eh heh heh heh!!