Prologue

"Rei! To your right!"

"I'm on it!"

Rei shouted, as she extended her staff to the right, a beam emitting from it and blasting though herds upon herds of minions, as she then followed the beam, running through the parted crowd and slashing the minions she sees. A thick cloud of black dust fills the air as Rei appears on the other side, ducking and sliding in the dirt, looking up and gazing at a very particular witch, having never fought anything like it before.

"Damn, what's it going to take for that shell to open up?!"

Everbloom, the Guardian Witch, let out a muffled cackle, her body being an extremely unkempt paintbrush, the bristles bent and stretching all around, protecting it's thin interior that housed the Grief Seed.

"Not sure!" Kyouko shouted, twirling her spear, "I've been hacking off the bristles, but she just grows new ones!"

"We need to think of something, we only have so much magic left to use." Rei said, looking at her soul gem as it slowly darkened.

"Have you perhaps thought about calling for help?"

Rei turned to meet the gaze of a black cat-like creature, with violet patterns in it's fur. It gazed at the girl with a cold, unrelenting gaze as it grinned at her like a Cheshire Cat. "If you and Sakura Kyouko are unable to defeat the witch, you'll only make her stronger."

"I know, Ryu." Rei glared at the cat slightly, before twirling her staff. ".. The only person nearby is Madoka, and I am not going to pull her into this. This witch is on a whole 'nother level, too strong for a newbie like her."

Rei adjusted her stance, her gem glowing brightly as she splits into three images. "Viridian Rush!" Rei shouted, before pointing her staff forward, her two mirror images darting forward and slashing at the bristles with all of their might.

One by one, bristles fell.

"Kyouko! Before she has the chance to regenerate, get in there!" Rei barked.

"Good thinking, girl!" Kyouko shouted, before sprinting forward. She saw a small opening that the clones were able to create. She jumped up and rode her spear down toward the opening, completely smashing through it!

Kyouko was now in the interior of Everbloom.

"Okay.. Where is she.." Kyouko looked around through the darkness, lifting up her red soul gem to illuminate the room she was in.

"Shuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!..."

Kyouko gasped, as she saw a small,  multicolored blob flying around the interior, letting out annoying sounds as it produced more and more bristles to shell itself around.

"Oh no you don't, little witch." Kyouko summoned her spear before jumping upward. "I'm here now!" She roared, as she brought her spear down against the witch, completely splitting it in half!