Chapter 7: "Bullets"

"The Culling is in about a week, Gin."

Ami stated, approaching the same railing that her friend leaned against, overlooking the city streets below. The bright, full moon radiated above their heads, the crisp, chilled autumn air blowing across their bodies.

"... Are you sure that this technique of your's is going to work?"

"I've confirmed it to the best of my abilities.. But we won't know for sure until I can take this fight to Homura, herself." Gin spoke truth, looking down into her pristine, clear soul gem. ".. I just only hope that other magical girls won't get in the way.. I have an.. Eerie feeling.."

"I know.. The air is thick with suspense." Orisa said, letting out a bored yawn.

".. You know.. Regarding the Culling, I think we're more than prepared for it.. We've collected about three grief seeds since bringing Orisa into our ranks. That and our stash.. We have about twelve grief seeds, waiting to be used."

".. Good." Gin said, nodding at Orisa and Ami. "I m glad that you two are preparing.. I haven't seen any other magical girls do the same." Gin said, nodding in approval of them.. Yet.. Somehow, she couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was about to happen. The tiny hairs on the back of her neck were tingling, as she slowly became crushed by the heaviness on her heart. She suddenly turns toward the door.

"Gin-san, where are you going?" Orisa asked, curiously.

".. I uh.. I just have something I need to take care of. If there is a witch nearby, take care of it and collect it's grief seed." Gin said, before exiting.

".. Is Gin alright?" Orisa turned to Ami, who slightly shrugged. "I'm not sure.. She never usually acts like this." She said, her eyes filled with worry for her dearest friend.

..

Gin's heels gave a noticeable sound in the eerily silent intersection. The wind stirred ever so slightly, as the moon seemingly lit up the entire world around her.

".. What's going on..?" Gin whispered, before raising her soul gem into view.. It let off a very strong pulse. ".. A witch.. Here?"

It was odd for a witch to be in such a quiet part of Mitakihara. She quickly followed the source of the magical signature.. It was on a constant move.

".. Wh-..?" Gin, at a loss for words, merely followed the moving source of the magic to the Southward Square, a residential district of Mitakihara.

"If memory serves right.. This is the block where Rei Asano and Ring Huo live.." Gin whispered, when all of the sudden.. The signature faded entirely.

".. What?!" Gin gasped in shock, waving her soul gem around to see if she could pick back up on the signature.. But not even the littlest of fragments were left behind.