Chapter 10: "The View is Beautiful"

Hello, everyone. I know that it has been long overdue, but with the recent anime adaption of Magia Record, my love for my series has been rekindled, as well as my love for the Madoka Magica universe. Expect more updates of After Story from here on out!

- Author

"Aa-Aaaaahhh~"
Rei stretched her arms, letting out a long, exhausted yawn. She and Sayaka were walking down the road toward the bus station, the nearest clock read "5:55 AM". Rei held a bag of water and water flavorings.. She knew that this would be a long ride.

"Couldn't sleep well?" Sayaka asked, pulling her white hoodie over her head, keeping her gem-ring packed securely in her pocket.

"No.. I kept seeing Nagisa's face.. She just looked so distressed." Rei said, wiping her eyes as the early morning dew rested on her face. "Where's Mami, Madoka, and Gin?"

"I know Mami and Madoka should already be there, as for Gin.. I guess we'll just kind of see if she's there or not." Sayaka said, resting her hands in her jacket pockets.

"Sayaka.. Are you sure you're not..?"

"Worried about Homura finding out about this? Of course I am, but I don't have much of a choice.. Nagisa is the last key to unlocking Madoka's abilities.. If I have to risk everything to break her out of this.. Prison.. Then I will." Sayaka said, keeping her eyes low to the ground.

".. Right.." Rei said, following her gaze to the ground. ".. That goes for me too.. After all, we are Madoka's chosen."

"Right." Sayaka nodded, in agreement.

It was 6:05 AM as Rei and Sayaka approach the bus station. Mami and Madoka were waiting out front, sitting on a bench by a fountain, eating breakfast from a nearby fast food restaurant.

"Tomoe-san! Kaname-san!" Rei waved.

"Good morning, Asano-chan." Mami smiled, rewrapping her breakfast and resting it in her lap. "Did you sleep well?"

"Not a damn bit. Oo- Is that?!" Rei's eyes lit up.

"Mmhm! Breakfast muffins from Ichi's!" Madoka giggled.

"I recently came into a little bit of money- So I thought 'why not?', you know?" Mami laughed. "Here, I bought everyone two!"

"Thank you!" Rei gasped, hastily taking one and biting into it, gleefully. "Mmm- I forgot how great Ichi's breakfast menu is!"

"Gee- Kyouko would go crazy over these, every time we walked by Ichi's, she would hound me for some.. Though I can see why." Sayaka laughed, biting into her own.

Rei belted out laughing with Madoka.

"Are you all having fun without me?"

Rei, Madoka, Mami and Sayaka all turn their head to face Gin, approaching with her own travel pack.