georgie - w.l x g.a - (1)

The smooth grey wheels roll over the rugged split footpath, one of the dirty black vans occasionally leaving the board to push further away from the craziness. The noise of the crowded city enters Will's ears again; he's pulled from his oddly dreamy thoughts, faces in his mind disappearing...His cold blue eyes darted around the towering buildings and then to the face's blurring past him of ghostly people he's never going to see again. Will sometimes does wonder what people are thinking, where are they going? how are they feeling? Is there life better than his? Probably. Is it worse? He doesn't know. He gets distracted with these thoughts more than he probably notices? But he has a lot of free time on his hands and has to fill it in some way or another. The blinding lights shine into his eyes, making them sting. Honestly Will doesn't really mind though. Wind rushes past his hooded head creating that horrible screeching noise in his slightly pink ears.

He watches as the footpath turn from dirty cracked bricks into smooth white sandy concrete finally arriving at the boardwalk. Golden sand crunches under his wheels slightly sticking to them. His restless eyes settle upon the blending pastel colours of the sunset sitting at the edge of the calm blue sea. Pinky clouds littered in the sky, resting upon the swirled hues of blues, yellows, and oranges. The golden specs reflect on Will's face, creating a fresh glowing look to overtake his features. His hand moves around in the rugged black pocket of his skinny ripped jeans, fetching his phone out. Will's phone makes a clicking sound as he takes a photo of the breathtaking view in front of him. He scrolls through his recent messages smooth fingers gliding over the dirty screen until he comes across 'Georgie.' A small chuckle leaves his lips as he types out a stupid cheesy message with the picture attached about how the sunset reminds him of George. Will was being smart and he already knows what George's response will be. Actually, Will can even picture it in his head. Georges whiny voice leaving his mouth saying something along the lines of "Stop being stupid you mong," or "Don't ever say that again, mate." He swiftly shut his phone off, sliding it into his pocket as he continues on his journey.

After a few minutes of Will smoothly skating down the boardwalk, he comes across his and George's favorite ice cream shop. It's a small building tucked away in between a dodgy looking surf shop and a very bright Mexican restaurant. 'Joshy's ice cream' is written across the top in yellow cursive letters and underneath is two large windows with black borders facing the salty ocean. The front of the building is white and black and has yellow neon lights around the top. The inside of the shop is almost like an American diner just less over the top. Will grins as he remembers the first time he took George there.

"Common' Georgie your s' slow," 15-year-old Will whines with a high voice. His hand is wrapped around Georges small wrist, pulling him quickly along the path as he struggles to keep up with the older boy. Will just found a new ice cream place that does the best double chocolate chip ice cream and he wants to show it to his best friend George.

"Georgie?" he questions Will, scrunching up his slightly blushed face in confusion.

Will smiled back at him "Yeah that's your new nickname I came up with," he says in an obvious tone like George should've known that. "Pretty cool aye?" he says triumphantly. George didn't like it when other people called him that, but coming from Will it sounded nice. As he stumbled over his own feet while Will was dragging him along to some unknown place, he decided that he could let him slide just this once.

They finally came to a stop at the front of the shop. Will noticed that George's green eyes wandered over the yellow neon lights sparkling under the reflection, taking it all in. He grabbed his hand and pulled him into the shop to be greeted by an older man. Will order his double chocolate chip ice cream but George couldn't make up his mind, so he chose for him. They sat down in the far blue seat eating their ice cream, chatting away about the stupid stuff 14 and 15-year-old boys talk about. George had somehow managed to get salted caramel chocolate around the edges of his mouth while he was scoffing down his new favourite ice cream. Will laughed at George and his cheeks blushed bright red. George didn't really mind though.

Will laughs at the image that plays through his mind about George having the ice cream over his face and having a little dollop on his pech nose, remembering how he was saying it was his new favourite flavour. It still was to this day. Will sighs at the memory as it fades from his mind, realizing what he was about to go and do.