14. Homecoming

I put on my dress and some make-up. I hope Peter is right, I hope it will be fun. I grab my heels and my phone and I'm ready to leave. My father is going to drop me off at school. "You look gorgeous." Pepper says when I enter the living room. "Thats the look I was going for." I smile. "Ready to go?" My dad asks. "Yess." I answer nervously.

"Don't let guys touch you and don't flirt with them, but have fun. But not too much." My dad starts but I cut him off. "I get it, I'm going now." My dad looks at me. "You really aren't a kid anymore." "No, I'm not." My dad sighs. "Okay, do you have your ring?" My father asks. I show him my hand "yes, and now I'm really going in." I smile. "Okay, I'll see later tonight." I get out of the car and walk into school.

When I enter the gymnasium I stop for a second and look around. I don't see Peter or Ned or liz. I check my phone its like 9 P.M. already, where are they? I walk a little bit further and see Peter and Liz. I then see peter running off. It's making me worried but I'm not going to run after him. I then hear glass shattering with my super hearing. "Peter." I whisper yell to myself and run out. I see a bus tumbling over so I get over there and stop it from tipping over again. Peter crawls out and I see a guy with one off these weird weapons. "If you move he dies." The guy warns me. "He won't, not today." I Say and give a small yes nod to Ned. He is standing behind the guy with Peter his web shooters. He grabs the weapon with a string of webs. "Nice shot." Peter says. He then proceeds to shoot the guy onto the bus and runs towards Ned. I follow him. "The guy with the wings, is Liz' dad." My eyes widen. "What?" Ned exclaims. "I know I gotta tell mr. Stark. Ned call Happy Hogan he is the head of security of Mr. Stark. And track my phone for me. Addy you with me?" I smile. "You should do this one on your own, this is an opportunity." I say. "Okay." Peter says. I look him in the eyes. "Just be careful." I warn Peter. "I will." He says and then swings off. "You keep an eye on Peter for me will ya?" I pet Ned on his shoulder and walk back inside. Brushing my dress clean.

When I arrive back in the gymnasium I go for a drink. "Hi." I hear a male voice say from behind me. "Hey um.." I wanna guess his name it isn't coming to my mind. "Nick." I nod. "Right, from the football team." I smile. "Yess." He looks at me weirdly for a second. "Something wrong?" I ask him. "Whats that on your cheek?" He asks and points to my left cheek. I brush my fingers over it. "Oh." Its oil. "May I?" He asks politely. "Yeah." I say. He brushes his thumb over the oil patch. "What are you doing?" Someone asks next to us. "Is he harassing you?" The guy asks. I turn its Justin. "No Justin, he is not. And leave me alone, even if he would be. I am not your business anymore." I say sternly. "Addy.." I cut him off. "Just go." I say. He turns around and walks away. "I'm sorry about that." I apologize to nick. "He is your ex right?" Nick asks. "Yeah." I admit. "You wanna um dance?" Nick asks. "Sure." I say, he takes my hand and pulls me onto the dance floor. A slow song comes on. "You look really pretty." Nick says. "Thanks, you look very handsome." I smile. He returns the favor. A little while later I see a message on my watch. "Bird guy is robbing your plane!!" It says. I quickly cover my watch with my hand. "I'm sorry, I have to go. You know I had fun." I say. "Oh okay." Nick answers disappointedly.

I run outside press my ring and change into my suit. I forgot they are moving the last stuff from avengers tower to the compound. "Shit, now this is my business as well." I say to myself I fly off to a roof and try to get in contact with Ned. "Ned where is peter?" I ask immediately. "Here I'll send you the address." Ned responds and then hangs up. I receive a message and go there when I see the building clashing down. "Oh shit." I say to myself when I hear "hello! Helloooo!" Its Peter. I take a deep breath. "Stay here." I tell myself. "Please, eh please I'm down here." Peter sounds desperate. "C'mon Pete." I whisper. "Get your confidence back, get your strength back." I whisper. Keeping myself up in the air. He has to do this alone. Only then he will become what he needs to become. I try not to listen to Peter and I keep telling my self he can do it. And then the rocks start rising. "He's doing it." I whisper again. "Now finish it Pete, cause I will only help you If you really mess stuff up." I see peter walking towards a big bill board. "Oh my god." I exclaim. He shoots a web on bird guy and hangs on him. "C'mon Pete." I say and follow them on a distance. Not even 5 minutes later they already destroyed 3 engines and the plane is now heading for the big apple. "Time to do something." I say and get under the plane to lift it up a bit and turn it to the side. Its fricking heavy. The plane cuts this viewing tower and loses a wing. I let go off the plane and try to hold the tower up cause its almost falling onto the fair. Where all the children are. I push it the other way so it falls into the ocean.

I then start looking for Peter in the fire and mess of the plane. I find him sitting in the sand a few feet away from liz' father who is tied up in webs. I land in front of him. "Peter." I say softly. I see tears on his cheeks. I go to hug him. "You did it, you did great." I let go of him. "I'm tired." He says. "I know." I brush trough his hair. "Why didn't you help?" Peter asks. "Because you had to do this. And I helped you tilt the plane. I saw everything from the beginning. And you did great." Peter scoffs. "I'm going to call Happy and get you home." I say with sympathy. "Can I get another hug?" Peter asks. "Yes always." I say and hug him tight.