M.C Elizabeth (Mystery_penguin7677)

Mystery_penguin7677, or, if we're going by her writer name, M.C. Elizabeth, is the author of several stories, including Person of Ice and its sequel, Person of Light. The following is our conversation about Wattpad, writing, and Disney princesses.

Me: What was your first book on Wattpad?

MP: Person of Ice.

Me: When and why did you begin writing?

MP: I started writing when I was in sixth grade. Mostly, because I was any typical kid. I copied whatever my older cousin was doing. So I started writing. But I immediately realized that I actually like writing. I like the way you get to control the story. Like when you read a book, sometimes you can disagree with them. But with the idea that I could make it all up myself...that was like the beginning of me writing. It's a stupid way to start, but that's the story.

Me: I definitely understand where you're coming from. I've been writing since first for exactly the same reasons. What’s your favorite book?

MP: My favorite, I like a lot of books that I read. But my favorite would be the mortal instruments and ruined. 

Me: If you don’t mind me asking, what grade are you in now?

MP: I’m sorry, I can't give info out even if it's just my grade or something else. But I can say that I am in High School. 

My author name shall be M. C. Elizabeth. For security reasons. Because well you know, there's people. 

Me: Yes, creepy stalker people o_o

Me: Okay, that’ fine. The Mortal Instruments being mentioned, do you belong to any fandoms?

MP: The TMI. TFIOS. The Hunger Games. Honestly, I read a lot. I can barley find a fandom I'm not in.

Me: Harry Potter, perhaps?

Me: Where did you get the idea for your first book?

MP: I watched Fantastic Four and thought what happened if something else like that ever happened. What would happen. 

Me: I see. What is your biggest hope for your stories on Wattpad? (Ya know, Wattys, 3.5 million reads…)

MP: I dream big and I hope high. But I just hope people like it. I mean writers are sort of entertainers in a way. Though I wouldn't mind some attention...  Putting PoI on her is mainly for constructive criticism. I hope to get it published someday and then worry about publicity. But until then, I'm up for fixing anything or hearing peoples opinions. 

MP: I think everyone wants attention from here though. I'm choosing to wait until the publishing day comes. 

Me: Yeah, that's probably wise. I'm writing a book right now, but I'm not publishing it here on Wattpad. I sort of want to try new genres, namely horror. But that's great! I definitely think if you wrote PoI as a book you could get it published.

Me: Do you base your characters off of anyone?

MP: I have a few supportive friends who helped me when I was stuck. And one who helped me come up with ideas for the beloved charecter Nate in PoI and I have those three people who POI's dedicated too on here. But other than that, no. Everyone's different so why make them alike? 

MP: Cause what if you have a fight with a person who you made the charecter after and now you hate them, you can't hate your charecter. 

Me: Very true. I have a nasty habit of creating a character in one book and then realize I basically put that same character in five others, just with different names.

Me: NOW FOR THE SILLY QUESTIONS

Me: If you could be any Disney princess, which one would you be? 

MP: OH MY GOD. IVE BEEN WAITING SO LONG FOR SOMEONE TO ASK ME THIS VERY QUESTION. MERRIDA FROM BRAVE BECAUSE SHE DOESNT END UP WITH A PRINCE AND SGE SHOITS ARROWS! SHES BASICALLY THE KATNESS EVERDEEN OF DISNEY. 

Me: Well, I take it this is going well :P. I would be Mulan because she SAVED THE GUY, THE GUY DIDN'T SAVE HER. Sorry, just had to get that out of my system.

What is your favorite sport to watch?

MP: Baseball. Always baseball. 

Me: Okay, that’s it, I guess. Although I have to say, I really liked your book Falling Angels and would definitely read more if you posted more parts.

MP: Haha. Thanks. I haven't really posted anything in a while for that. I should....  

MP: So you might see some of that later I don't know. 

Me: Yes, you should. *stares at M.C. John Rambo style*

Thanks for talking to me today, M.C.! (Elizabeth? Beth? Penguin?)

MP: Haha. Just call me Eli or THE MASTER COMMANDER OF PENGUINS 

Me: Was that an Olan Rogers reference? *excitedly jumps up and down in seat*

MP: Yes 

MP: Yes it is

Me: You are destined for great things, my friend.

Mystery Penguin’s sequel to Person of Ice, entitled Person of Light, is out now.