Emily Salisbury (@EmilySalisbury)

Guess what! I got around to it!

Emily Salisbury (@emilysalisbury) is author of Fizzled Out, A Cry For Help, and The Handbook to Being Awesome (the latter not being on Wattpad, just something she wrote the book on, get it?). A Cry For Help was the book I found of hers that made me decide that I was going to interview her.

Me: Okay, so when did you begin writing?

ES: Writing my wattpad book or just writing in general? 

Me: Just in general. 

ES: I've always kinda been writing, of course I had too at school and things and I enjoyed that but I started writing more in my spare time these last couple years I guess :)

Me: What do you enjoy the most about writing?

ES: I guess I just like how when I write I can say anything, there's no boundaries and I'm free to create anything I want. The thing  I probably love the most though is creating characters because you can make them however you want and really make them come alive in your writing 

Me: How do you name your characters?

ES: To be completely honest here half of the time I'll know exactly what the character looks like and their whole personality but I won't have a name for them so most of the time I just search up names on google..... Yep so cool I know…

Me: Haha, that’s what I do most of the time. I’m the worst character namer ever.

Me: How do you get ideas for stories?

ES: I always write my stories about topics that would interest me so a lot of the time the main character has the same hobbies as me. Eg: dancing like in my book A cry for help. But most of the time I find it really hard to think of good story ideas that haven't been overly done before so i'll go through a lot of time in my life just not writing because i have no inspiration. But every once and a while i'll get that one story idea that pops into my head and i'll have to start writing straight away.

Me: Now for the silly questions.

Me: Favorite TV show?

ES: Hmmm I'm probably gonna have to say once upon a time or baby daddy :)

Me: What are you favorite sports to play? To watch?

ES: Okay not sure if you consider these sports but i love dancing and cheerleading but if i watch sports I love watching rugby league :)

Me: Well rugby is the best thing that ever happened to society after Stephen Colbert so 

Okay guys, so now it’s time… to listen to Imagine Dragons. No, just kidding. Please go spam this amazing dame’s two books with spams, votes, and reads, and I’ll see you again soon.