☆☆Chapter 8☆☆

Adrien!.... Have to meet Adrien!

Marinette stopped when she saw him, hanging around Plagg. She started walking over to the boys.

"Adrien, I've heard about what they're saying about you and Marinette," Plagg seemed worried as he talked with Adrien. "Is it... Is it...?"

"Don't worry. Don't believe anything these people say. It's not true," Adrien assured with a small smile. That was when he noticed Marinette walking up to them. "Well... Maybe we're about to get some explanation."

Marinette reached the boys and looked from one boy to the other. She then focused on Adrien as she began to explain. "Adrien, the words those people are saying are not true. I don't know where they got this idea. I just-"

"It's fine. Just some misunderstandings is all," Adrien shrugged. The whole thing didn't seem to bother him at all, and it made Marinette more relieved.

"Marinette, how can you say that?" A girl then spoke behind them. Marinette turned around to see the four Rumor Girls that Tiki had told her about. Alison walked forward. "Marinette, don't lie!"

"Um, I'm sorry, but I don't understand," Marinette frowned at them. Did these girls come to make trouble?!

"Marinette, we know it was all you!" Amelie Darcey yelled, pointing at her. She sighed and then spoke up again. "Celia, why don't you tell them. Tell them so Adrien will understand the real truth."

Celia Celeste nodded and walked forward. "Marinette was the one who told us to take pictures of you two and then post it online. She said she wanted everyone to know that you were hers."

"What?!" Marinette couldn't believe her ears. "When did I ever say that?! You all are lying!"

"Marinette, you've always been hoping that Adrien would ask you out, but once you saw how he was rejecting all these girls, your hope sank," Bette Cadence spoke. "So you paid us to take pictures of you two while you tried to get close to him by lying. We four aren't telling a lie."

Marinette clenched her fists. "I can't believe you girls are doing this. What good do you get from doing this to me?! You know I never did that, and I would never do that. If I liked Adrien, I would tell him myself instead of secretly taking pictures to share to the entire world. Don't make up a fake story!"

"Marinette, you're not the first girl that has done this to Adrien," Alison scoffed. "There was also this girl, Lila Rossi, who tried her best to get to Adrien but failed. Instead she humiliated herself and ended up leaving the school. Why don't you just fess up now and don't humiliate yourself."

"I. Didn't. Do. It!" Marinette shouted out again. She turned to Adrien to see what he thought of this, but Adrien kept quiet, as if he was not a part of the conversation. It scared Marinette at how he stayed quiet. What if he didn't believe her?

Finally Adrien just turned around and walked off away from the crowd.

❣❣❣

She scrolled through her phone, her eyes darkening at the pictures on her screen. Adrien, I tried for months to get you but you didn't budge. What's so good about this girl, except for the fact that she is number 3 on the Popularity Board. I bet I can get higher than her if I tried. And it's not like she looks that pretty either. So why her??!!

The comments on the pictures didn't make anything better. Instead they talked about how Adrien and Marinette would make a cute couple. Some people were saying that Marinette was probably just using Adrien but those comments were probably from girls that had a crush on Adrien.