☆☆Chapter 38☆☆

"Love is painful, because it creates the way for joy, for bliss and for compassion. Love is painful, because it transforms you. Love is growth.

"Love itself does not hurt. It is growth that hurts, the ego that stings.

"Each transformation is painful because the old situation is being left behind for the new. For example, when a relationship ends we feel hurt, our hopes and dreams have crashed and we feel lost and lonely, wondering what comes next. Fear arises because the unknown is in front of us, and the mind usually assumes the negative, saying things like, "I'll never meet anyone else," "I'm too old/overweight/unattractive" or "I don't have time for a new relationship." The temptation is to shut down, open that bag of potato chips, pour that glass of wine, turn on the TV and give up on love...

"So how is that?"

Tiki looked up with a huge smile. "It only filled up one page, but I'm working on it."

"I think it's amazing, Tiki," Alya smiled back. "I haven't really had time to work on this project, but I have 3 pages done already."

"3 pages?!" Marinette choked out. "I forgot this project existed!"

"Don't tell me you haven't even worked on it-" Amelie gasped. "Wow! You must have been that busy."

Marinette, Amelie, Tiki and Alya were all gathered, sitting in a circle on the floor of Marinette and Amelie's room. They were just talking about what had happened to them so far today and yesterday, because they hadn't had time to really catch up. Amelie decided to join because she felt left out. She was now a new member of the group.

"So Alya... Have you talked with Nino yet?" Tiki reminded, but Alya slowly shook her head. "What, why?"

"I haven't really had time yet, I guess. I don't know.. I don't want to just right away," Alya shrugged.

"Well, you better do it before more misunderstandings come in between your relationship," Amelie spoke. "Misunderstandings are a relationship's biggest threat. Which is what I'm writing about for my project."

"So, anything interesting happen to you guys?" Amelie turned to Tiki and Marinette.

Both Tiki and Marinette looked down at the floor at the words. Marinette traced her fingers along the lines made on the floor, while Tiki stared big-eyed at it.

"Ah-hem!" Alya knew there was something interesting going on with the way they were acting.

"Okay, okay, I'll spill," Tiki groaned in defeat. "I... I never expected this to happen, it just did. My plan was to ignore Plagg throughout the entire week, but then I have to live under the same roof. After a while, I was like big deal, I can do this. Well-"

The three girls waited.

"HekissedmeandIkissedhimbackandthenitturnedintoafullmakeoutsession."

"Sorry what? A little slower?" Marinette said the words every single one of them had in mind.

Tiki sighed. "He kissed me and I kissed him back and it turned into a full make out session."

"What- Why do you look so upset though? Isn't that supposed to be great news?" Amelie frowned.

"No," Tiki's shoulders slagged and she took a huge breath. "It just makes me like him all over again, and I don't want to like him. Who knows? He could still have feelings for... You know who..."

Marinette looked down. "I'm sorry. I didn't expect him to."

"It's fine, it's okay!" Tiki said, though it wasn't really okay, and every girls in that room could tell. She was desperate to change the subject and not be the centre of attention. It was a good thing Amelie could see through her and changed the subject before she could.