chapter 4

Dylan's P.O.V

I finally get to the mall in time to meet with Jacob. Like the wimp that I am, I cried the whole drive to the mall, I parked my car and sat there for a minute and wiped my tears trying to act okay before I go see Jacob. But he's my best friend, and he knows me so well, he's gonna know something is up anyway so I shouldn't even try to hide it.

Jacob: "Hey man!"

Dylan: "Hey."

Jacob: "Are you okay dude?"

Dylan: "Yeah, just got in a fight with my mom before I got here, it's alright though."

Jacob: "Oh, I see, well if you need anything you know I'm here for you."

Dylan: "I know, thanks man."

Jacob and I start walking to go get some coffee, as I notice this girl that looks really familiar.

Dylan: "Um, Jacob I'll be right back, can you order my usual?"

Jacob nods as I walk towards the girl.

I walk over to the girl who is standing there with a bunch of bags in her hand from all these different stores. "Hey, you wouldn't happen to know a girl named Alexia would you?" She looks up from her phone and looks right at me. I start to think that I just totally have screwed up but she looks like her best friend Carissa. But then I thought about it, what would she be doing in Cincinnati? They are from Detroit.

Carissa: "Oh my god, Dylan! Hi! It's me Carissa."

Dylan: "What are you doing here in Ohio??" I say as I give her a hug.

Carissa: "Oh, I just came to visit my sister, and she asked me to get her some stuff from the mall!"

Dylan: "How's Alexia doing?"

Carissa: "She is actually doing pretty good, thanks to you." She smiled. "she is so excited to meet you, Dylan."

Dylan: "I honestly can't wait to meet her, I can't wait to hug that cutie."

Carissa: "Should I tell her about this?" She seemed frustrated. "I didn't even tell her that I was coming here because she would freak out, because you know, you're from here."

Dylan: "Um, I think you should tell her, because I need you to tell her that -

I was immediately cut off by Jacob handing me my coffee.

Jacob: "Well, who's this cutie?" He gestures over towards Carissa.

I looked at Carissa and I caught her blushing.

"Jacob this is my friend Carissa, and Carissa this is my best friend Jacob."

Carissa smiles at him. "Hi Jacob." He smiles. "hey guys, I gotta go get this stuff to my sister before she flips out, it was so nice meeting you guys. I'll be meeting you guys again soon in Detroit." She gave us both a hug.

I quickly stopped Carissa before she left and I wrote a quick letter for her to give alexia. "Can you please make sure this gets to Alexia?"

Carissa: "Yes, of course."

Dylan: "Can you please also tell her that everything is going to be okay.. Please"

Carissa: "Yes, dylan of course. Thank you for always being there for her Dylan. It means a lot, she needs someone like you."

Jacob: "Who's Alexia?"

Dylan: "I think she might be the love of my life."