chapter 37.

Jacob: "What do you mean it's too late?"
Chase:" Look, when I said that I was going to the bathroom, I really just tried to go to Alexia's room to see her, which is why it took me awhile to get back here."
Carissa: "Why were you going to her room?"
Chase: "The note Carissa, I was going to give her the note. When I got to the door, before I was going to open it, I reached in my pocket for it and it wasn't there. And you already read it. No one was supposed to find it, or read it. And now that someone did, it's too late. I cant give it to her anymore. No one, except her, was supposed to know that I felt that way about her."
Carissa:" Just because I read it doesn't mean that you can't give it to her anymore.."
Chase: "Yes, it does. Because when I was over there the nurse talked to me and told me she's doing better and she can leave tomorrow morning."
Jacob: "Really?? Thats great!"
Chase: "It is.. Im happy shes doing okay because I totally screwed up and I thought I ruined her life. Which I'm pretty sure that I did. Once she gets out of here I know the first thing that will happen is shes gonna forget all about me and try to get Dylan back, because I know thats what she wants. I am responsible for this car accident, for her and Dylan's breakup. Everything is my fault. How can she even want to be best friends with me? I ruined her relationship, and I mean look at where we are, I almost killed her."
I was about to respond to what Chase said until I noticed Alexia walk up behind Chase..
Carissa:" Um.. Chase.."
Chase:" No, theres nothing I can do to fix this, she's never gonna forgive me."
Jacob: "Turn around." Jacob and I watched Chase as he slowly turned around.
Chase: "Alexia oh my god, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. What are you doing out of bed? Are you okay? I know after you get out of here you're probably gonna hate me and never talk to me again because of what I did to you, and I'm sorry.. I just want you to have this and then I'll leave you alone.." I slipped the note in her hand.
Alexia: "Just shut up and kiss me."
Chase: "Okay.." I slowly leaned in to kiss her which felt amazing that she just wanted me to kiss her. Right after our kiss she ran over to Carissa and just hugged her. Jacob walked over to me and was just smiling.
Chase: "What?"
Jacob: "You guys kissed, are you okay? Are you guys together now? I need the details."
Chase: "I don't know. I mean I dont get it, she deserves someone so much better than me."
Jacob: "But you could be that person."
I was about to respond to what he said but then I saw Pape running into the hospital and up to me.
Pape: "Dude are you okay? What happened? Where's Alexia?"
Chase: "Carissa, where did Alexia go?"
Carissa: "The nurse came and told me that she wasn't supposed to leave her room like that so she made her go back, but she can go home tomorrow."
Pape: "Chase, you have to take her home."
Chase: "What? No. Do you see what happened when I tried to take her home? I'm not letting that happen again."
Carissa: "Chase, just go home and rest for the night. We can all come tomorrow morning and pick her up."
-------------------------------------------
Alexia's P.O.V
Ugh, why did the nurse have to see me and tell me to get back in my room? I wanted to be with Chase and just talk to him. But I guess I just have to wait. The note. Oh my god, the note. I pulled it out of my pocket and unfolded it. After a couple of minutes, I finished reading the note and tears started running down my face.. Has Chase really felt this way about me all this time? I mean I knew he liked me and stuff all this time, but damn. I didn't know he was this crazy about me.. Our kiss. We just kissed, and this time, believe it or not, I actually felt something between us this time. I think I should definitely give him a chance. I'm going to tell him, tomorrow. I need to.