Chapter 6~The Hidden Room.

Hajime's POV:

We followed Chiaki to the first floor stairs. I was pretty confused, until she went into a space in between the stairs and the wall. I watched as she did a strange knock on...what looked to be a hidden door. This is the place...? Interesting...I wonder how Nagito found it...? After a while, we hear a voice saying we could come in. Chiaki opens the door to reveal a nice little room, it had beanbag chairs and what looked to be some games.

I stepped in to see a familiar sight that made me smile, "Hello Nagito~" I say calmly. He looks over at me, feeling kinda nervous, which makes my smile disappear, "Hey...what's the matter...?" I ask as I walk over and sit next to him.

Nagito looks down, "I-I'm sorry...d-don't be mad..." he says, shaking a little. I was dumbfounded...why the heck is he apologizing?? I look over at him and smile softly, "Why would I ever be mad at you...?" I say, making him look back up at me. "Y-Your not mad...?" Nagito asks, genuinely confused. Souda walks over to us casually with Chiaki, "Were both not mad~! I understand why you didn't want anyone to know about this place, it's so awesome!" Souda says happily as he sits in front of me, while Chiaki sits in front of Nagito.

I look over at him and then back at Nagito. So...that's why he apologized...he thinks were upset that he wanted to hide this place from us. I smile warmly at him, "It's okay~ Were not angry or upset at you..." I say as I unconsciously take his hands, "I promise you Nagito...I'll never say a word about your hidden room...I swear...~" Nagito looks at me stunned. His face looks...kinda red...I look down to see that my hands are in his, making me blush and pull them away, "I-I'm sorry about that!" I look away from him and rub my arm awkwardly, "I-I do mean what I said though...I won't tell anyone..." I say with a slight laugh.

Nagito looks back down with a blush still glued to his face, "T-Thank you Hajime..." he says, smiling a bit. Souda and Chiaki were just watching us, surprised by my actions, until Souda started laughing to try and change the mood, "Well, looks like Hajime took the words right out of my mouth~!" He says with a grin. I look over at him, laughing some, "See, you can trust us~" I say as I bring my attention back to Nagito.

"T-Thank you both...~" He says, looking back up at us with a smile. It's the biggest smile I've seen from him so far. Its a...pretty cute smile...~ I feel my face heat up and shake my head, trying to clear my thoughts. Why do I keep thinking about him like that?! He's just a friend! Noticing my actions, Chiaki looks at me curiously and smiles. Why is she looking at me like that...? She may be one of my best friends, but sometimes it's hard to know what she's thinking...

(A/N~Oh look! It's time for Chiaki to take the stage~^v^)

Chiaki's POV:

I knew it! They do like each other...~ I could tell from the moment they locked eyes in class...~ Their actions towards each other...when I talked to them both separately...I could tell how one felt about the other...~ Words can't describe how happy I am! I knew that Hajime would make a great new friend for Nagito, but I wasn't expecting something more to happen...~ I'm glad that Souda decided to befriend him too, I could tell that he was unsure of Nagito when he first saw him walk into the classroom...I giggle to myself. Today turned out really great in the end...~

Nagito noticed my giggling and looked over at me, feeling confused, "W-What's wrong Chiaki...?" he asks curiously. I look back at him with a bright smile on my face, "I'm just happy that you made new friends, I knew you would...~" I say, making Nagito smile some. "Y-Yea...I-I'm happy too~" he says as he looks back at Hajime and Souda, who were smiling at him. After the four of us chat for a while, it starts to get late. We never did start to talk about our project...

"Hey guys, we should start heading home." I stand up with a slight sigh, "We'll have to start discussing our project tomorrow while we have lunch..." I say,  laughing a bit. Souda laughs and stands up, "Yea, I guess that's what we get for chatting instead of planning." he says as Hajime gets up not that long after. Hajime looks over at Nagito, "Do you want to walk home with us...~?" He asks with a smile. It would be so great if they walked home together, but unfortunately...I already know Nagitos answer...

"N-No it's okay~ I'm gonna s-stay the night here..." Nagito says, twirling one of the red strings on his jacket. Hajime gives him a concerned look. I had a feeling he would...Hajime was about to say something to Nagito, until I put a hand on his shoulder, giving him the signal to drop it. I look back over at Nagito, "Well...we'll see you tomorrow then~ These two know the knock code now so they could visit you in the morning before class." I say, giggling a bit. Nagito smiles at me and nods, "A-Alright...~ I-I'll see you guys tomorrow!"

Hajime, Souda, and I walk out of the hidden room, making sure we close the door behind us. Once the three of us leave school building, Hajime automatically speaks up, "Why does he stay the night there...?"

I sigh some. I had a feeling he would ask this...I hold onto my books tighter, "He...stays there when he doesn't feel like being at home...that hidden room gives him more comfort then his actual house." I say, saddening some. "Why doesn't he just stay at his house? Does he have bad parents or something?" Souda asks, sounding curious. I look down some, "He lives alone..."

Both Souda and Hajime give me a shocked look, "Why does he live alone?!" Hajime asks, sounding concerned. There it is again, he keeps worrying about Nagito. He doesn't know him very well, yet constantly worries about him like a protective boyfriend...~ It's adorable~! I couldn't help but smile a little~

"It's not my place to talk about it...maybe you can get Nagito to tell you." I say, looking back at him. Hajime gives me the look of determination, "I want to gain his trust. If I do...maybe he can open up to me." he says with confidence. Souda looks over at Hajime with a raised eyebrow. I'm starting to think that he's getting some suspicions about Hajime liking Nagito too...this could possibly be a good thing...~

I smile some, "Maybe you could get Nagito a gift or something~? I do know that he doesn't have anything to eat for lunch tomorrow...he ate the last food he kept there today." I say with a slight sigh. He normally doesn't eat very much...he sometimes goes without food, which is concerning, but I always try to bring him food and he does eat it when he feels like it...

Hajime gives me a shocked look and gets serious, "What does he like to eat...?" he asks, sounding clearly upset. I sigh some to myself. I know that this is the one thing Hajime can't stand...someone going without food. I think for a moment, "Well I know he likes salty foods...you could get him a bagel~?" I say with a slight giggle, remembering how much Nagito talks about them.

Hajime nods, "I'll definitely get him one...he's not going without lunch." he says with a slight smile, despite him still looking upset. As we get closer to my house, which is the closest one to the school, while theirs is a little farther, I notice Hajimes eyes suddenly widen. He must've realized something...

"What's wrong hajime...?" I ask as the three of us stop in front of my house. Hajime looks over at me, feeling worried, "Nagito has...nothing to eat tonight..." he says, starting to feel upset. He's right...of course this is unfortunately nothing new to me, but it does upset me...after a bit, I thought of a great idea, making me smile some. I look over at Hajime, "Your right...maybe you two could have dinner together tomorrow night~?" I say with a giggle, "You could cook for him, I'm sure he would love your food~"

I see Hajime blush some, making me feel happy inside. Not only will this help Nagito with the eating issue, but it would help them both get closer...~ Hajime smiles, "That would be a good idea, though...don't you think he may feel...uncomfortable?" He asks with a bit of concern in his voice. "I'll help with that...~" I say with a reassuring smile, "Im sure he'll agree Hajime~"

Souda laughs, "Nah Hajime's gonna totally scare him away with his kindness and he'll refuse~" he says teasingly. Hajime glares at him while I just giggle, "Well, I'll see you guys tomorrow~" I say as I walk up to my house, waving at them. Tomorrow is gonna be an interesting day...I'm looking very forward to it~