Chapter 31~The Dance Begins

Hajime's POV:

I watch as Nagito starts to blush, "T-Thank you~" he smiles sweetly, "Y-You look h-handsome~" he says, soundng a bit nervous. I laugh a little, smiling warmly. He...really does look amazing~ Hes wearing a medium grey suit with a tealish collared undershirt and a grey tie. I don't know what it is...it just...fits him...~ It's just missing one thing...~ I walk up to him and show him his boutonnière, "I...have this for you~ I can pin it on~" I say as I put the boutonnière on him, making him blush more. He's so cute~

Nagito looks at it and smiles happily, "I-I love it~ I-It matches y-yours~" he says with a giggle, making me blush. I laugh a bit, rubbing the back of my neck, "Y-Yea...~ I...wanted our boutonnières to match...~ Since...your my date~" I say, making him blush and hug me. "I-It's perfect~" he says with a giggle, making me smile and hug back. I'm glad that I have Nagito here with me~ Before I met him, I never thought once about going to prom...mainly because of my other classmates, but now...even though there will be classmates here that want to be around me and want my attention...all I want to focus on is Nagito~ Though...it's not just because I want him to have a good time...

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I hear my name being called. I look behind me to see...Peko, "If you don't mind Nagito, may I talk to Hajime about something...?" she asks, making Nagito look at her confused. He smiles a bit and nods, releasing me from the hug. I look back at him, smiling warmly, "I'll be back okay~? I'll meet up with you, Chiaki and Souda in a bit...~We'll all walk inside the ballroom together~" I say as I kiss his forehead. Nagito blushes and smiles sweetly, "O-Okay~" he says as I start to follow Peko.

When we stop she turns to me, a serious look on her face, "Young Master and I have set up the Kuzuryu clan around the Komaeda manor..." she says, making me smile. "Thats great, I'm glad that the clan is willing to help us...~" I say, making Peko look down some. "We...have to do this for him..." she says, making me confused. What does she mean by that...?

Peko shakes away her thoughts and looks back up at me, handing me...what looks like an earbud? "This is so I can contact you if we have a situation...I understand that...you want to keep him safe..." she says, making me nod and smile some, "Thank you Peko, this will be very helpful~" I say as I put it on. She's...really taking this security thing seriously...a lot more seriously then I thought...it's probably because of her whole thing with Fuyuhiko.

"I'll keep you updated..." she says as
she turns around to leave, "Also...I'm glad that...he has you...~" she says as she walks away, making me surprised and confused. So...does this mean she's okay with us...? I bet so...~ Though...I am starting to wonder if she's hiding something...she's been kinda acting weird since the security planning meeting...I sigh some. I'll talk to her about it later...I decided to shrug it off and meet up with Nagito and the others.

Once I get there, I smile when I see Mikan and Ibuki also with them. Mikan looks over at me and smiles, "H-Hello Hajime~ You look nice in your suit~" she says with a bit of a giggle. "Haji looks so handsome~! You and Nagi look great~!" She says, making Nagito blush and me laugh a little, "Thank you both, you two look nice in your dresses~" I say with a smile.

After we talked for a bit, Ms. Yukizome called everyone's attention, making us look over, "Hello everyone! I'd like to thank you all for coming to this years prom~!" She says with a bright smile, "I would also like to thank Nagito Komaeda for letting us use this ballroom for the dance this year~! It's thanks to him that we were able to have our dance~" I look around to see other students either quite or whispering to each other...mentioning his name...of course besides some of the classmates that we did the prom planning with, who looked at us with smiles. I look over at Nagito, seeing that he's looking down and a little upset.