Chap. 1 - Becoming Friends

(At the sports festival, after the obstacle course and cavalry battle. Both tsu and Tokoyami made it to the 1v1 battles. I know, I'm lazy but this story is gonna be juicy, trust me! Oh and also, I'm gonna say that Tokoyami has a shitty home life to go with the story!)

Tokoyamis POV

"AND NOW, FUMIKAGE TOKOYAMI AND TSUYU ASUI'S BATTLE WILL NOW, BEGIN!"

I'm standing in the arena, wearing my PE outfit, and thinking, Crap! There's no clouds and it's full daylight! Dark Shadow isn't gonna be at full strength 'cuz of the light!

Through my thoughts I see Tsu darting towards me, her long tongue reaching out towards me.

"DARK SHADOW!" I yell and he appears to meet Tsu.

"Really? No shadows? You know I don't do well in the light!" Dark Shadow calls back to me as he grabs Tsu, trying to throw her out of the circle.

"Sorry, I had no choice! It's not like I can create dark—Ah!" Tsu's tongue wraps around me, tosses me out of the circle and I hit the wall, Dark Shadow disappearing as I slide to the ground.

In a daze from hitting the wall, I faintly hear Midnight saying that Tsu wins, and then I feel someone grab me and make me stand up. My head hangs and I realize that the person holding me up is my dad.

"You failed me, Fumikage. I told you to win! Apparently you can't even win against a frog-girl." He says, the tone of his voice harsh and accusing. He half-drags me back to the stairs in the tunnel and gives me a painful slap, making me fall over. I clutch my right cheek where he slapped me and hear him walking away. "Don't disappoint me again."

I hear the next match start and get up, my right hand still over my black feathered cheek. I walk up the stairs to the 1-A seating and sit in the back, by myself. I stare at the floor with my hands in my lap until I hear someone sit down to my left. I look over and it's Tsu.

"Ribbit. Sorry I beat you." She says. "Who was that guy that hauled you off? Do you know him?"

My eyes go wide with surprise, and I look at her. "Yeah, I know him."

"Ribbit. Who is he?"

"My dad, believe it or not. He wanted me to win. He thinks I failed him." I look back at the ground.

"Who thinks you failed him?" Ida asks me.

"My dad." I say.

"Oh, I'm sorry." He mumbles and goes back to his seat.

"Why'd he want you to win? Ribbit." Tsu asks, her finger on her chin.

"I don't know."

I feel something wrap around me and I tense up, seeing Tsu hugging me. Her cheeks are a little pink, and after a few seconds she lets go of me.

"Ribbit. Sorry if that was uncalled for, Tokoyami." She says.

"Oh uh, it's okay, I-I kinda needed a hug." I stutter, kinda embarrassed, and turned to watch the rest of the match that was happening. Why did I just stutter? What the heck! Do-do I li—NO! Nonononononono, that can't be right, i-it's just the heat getting to me. Yeah, the heat. Not her... hugging me and MAYBE me liking h-no no NO don't even THINK it!

(Time skip cuz I lazy)

I walk through the doorway and hear my mom in the kitchen.

"Fumikage Tokoyami where have you been? Your father and I expected you home hours ago! You were supposed to come right back after your battle if you lost!" She says as I set my bag down and walk into the kitchen.

"Well sorry but I couldn't, the teachers said—"

"I don't care what the teachers said, you obey your parents!

"I COULDN'T LEAVE! THEY BLOCKED THE DAMN EXIT!" I yell, and walk out and towards my room.

"FUMIKAGE TOKOYAMI GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!" I hear my mother yell at me. I run into my room and grab a backpack that I keep for if my parents get out of hand. I grab my black jacket and run out the back door, my eyes tearing up a little.

I run down the streets past a few people and into a small park about a mile away from my house. I walk to the middle and set down my backpack, putting on my black jacket after.

"Tokoyami?"

752 words

OMIGAWD HIS HOME LIFE IS HORRIBLE!

Sorry I know I'm cringy but wow sorry about that cliffhanger, but as I'm writing this my hand is cramping from holding my phone (and typing) for about 1-2 maybe even 3 HOURS on this book and others, and it's also getting late. Like, 10:43 at night late. So ya hope u enjoyed!

Also here's my email(also my YouTube channel it's called Supernova Gamer): supernovamcgaming@gmail.com

Ya Ik mah Wattpad account ain't the same as mah utube but whatever!

— TheGoldenLolbit
(Wish I could do text color I would make my name look gold)😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞