Finding Out The Truth

Content Warning!

Tsu's POV (4 some reason I keep wanting to say her name like it is, without the 't' being silent)

"Tokoyami?" I call, and see him in the middle of a small clearing. His head jerks up and he looks around frantically. I step out into the clearing and his red eyes lock on me.

"Tsu? Wh-What are you doing here?" He says and I shrug.

"Ribbit. I saw you running and i wanted to know why." I say.

"Oh. I-uh—" Tokoyami stutters, his right hand on his neck.

"If you don't want to tell me that's fine. Ribbit." I say, and he looks back up at me, relief in his eyes. "Are you running away? At least tell me that."

"Kinda, just for tonight. My mom and dad were mad at me for not coming home after my match, and when I told them that I couldn't leave, even if I wanted to, it got a little out of hand." He says, sitting down by his bag. I walk over and sit down beside him.

"Are you okay?" I ask, and he nods.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about me."

I nod and put my finger on my chin. "Do your parents not like you or something?"

"No, not really. My mom was forced into marriage with my dad by their parents and then my dad thought it was time to have a kid but my mom refused, so he raped her and wouldn't let her get an abortion. So my older brother happened, but he looked so odd once he got his quirk, that my dad abandoned him when he was only 5. I was born when Shikumaru was about 3. We've kept in touch, but I haven't seen him in a while." He explains.

"Wow. You have an older brother named Shikumaru?" I ask, recognizing the name from somewhere, and he nods.

"Yeah, Fumi here has an older brother. And he's damn lucky too."

Shikumaru's PoV (BTW, he looks like the pic at the end of the chapter, but with an eagle head and talons)

"Yeah, Fumi here has an older brother. And he's damn lucky too." I say and both their heads jerk up towards me. I'm crouched on a branch in a tree, so they can't see me very well. I glide down with my eagle wings and the girl gasps.

"Whoa! Are you Shikumaru?" She asks and I chuckle.

"Yep. And I heard pretty much the whole conversation. You guys need to look around and make sure no one is watching or listening. What if I was a villain?" I answer her and Fumi's head bows.

"You're right, I should have looked around. I'm sorry, brother." Fumi still has his head bowed, and his hands are clasped together in front of him.

"No worries, it's fine, cuz I'm not a villain. Also, you forget that I live here, in this little patch of woods. I've shown you my nest, haven't I?" I reply and the girl puts her finger on her chin.

"Wait you live here? Don't you have a house?" She asks, and I chuckle.

"Don't need a house. My nest is good enough, and besides, I like living on my own. I can show you my nest if you want, though." They both nod, so I flap my wings to get airborne. "Fumi, you know the way, but I'm gonna carry her, okay?"

"My name is Tsu, and how are you gonna carry me?"

"Like this!" I swoop towards her and grab her shoulders with my talons, taking care not to hurt her. I fly higher, so that I'm just above the treetops, and I go the short distance to my nest, which is nestled in the tallest tree in the park. Tsu gasps, and I grin.

"Like the view?" I call, and she nods, lost for words at the beauty of the park at night. I go to my landing platform and set her down, staying airborne. "I'm gonna bring Fumi up, stay here."

She nods and I drop down to see my little brother leaning against my tree.

"Ready?" I ask and he grins. You wouldn't be able to tell if you hadn't known him as long as I have. But when he grins, ever so slightly, the corners of his beak turn up. Beaks aren't really supposed to do that, but he has teeth, so f*ck that sh*t. I grab his shoulders, again with my talons, and I fly him up to the landing pad. I set him down and they both move out of the way so I can land. I do, and Tsu asks me a question that I certainly don't expect.

"You look familiar, but I'm not sure. Are you a hero?"

800 words
Pic of Shikumaru down there (imagine he has an eagle head and talons/feet)
👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇

800 wordsPic of Shikumaru down there (imagine he has an eagle head and talons/feet)👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇