This Boy Would Be the Death of Me

The song for this chapter is "Never Let Me Go" by Florence + the Machine. Also, we hav a pic of Katrina now!! Yay

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The king agreed to let everyone take a vote on whether the wolves could stay. I knew there was hope, because whoever met Shylock either immediately fell in love with him or respected him.

There wasn't much I could do for him, seeing as he didn't want to be comforted. He tended to the few people left of His pack. He had practically adopted them.

For then,  I  wasn't sure about my feelings. Shylock had returned. That was why I'd been upset before, wasn't it? Then... Why did I still find it hard to breathe when I was alone?

The werecats were preparing their troops for fighting, and they had doubled in numbers overnight. Since they were recruiting pretty much anyone who signed up, well, it was only natural that that included me. At least it gave me something to think about. I even had homework. That along with the fact that I was living in a somewhat normal house made me feel a bit of comfort. I spent less time moping and more time working. Also, I kept good tabs on my relationship with Thad. He usually stayed the night in the same house as me. I tried to tell Katrina's parents that an invisible dude was sleeping outside my door, but the correct time never seemed to arise.

About five days after Shylock's return, I found myself in the infirmary having a nice conversation with my best friends. I sat in Thad's lap, Shylock and Kunta sat across from us holding hands, and the Doc was at his usual position, leaning against the wall. We were just chatting, almost as though we weren't all sorts of crazy. Kunta insisted that she'd never been to an amusement park, and Shylock was telling her that she was wrong.

A guard entered the room and asked if Thaddeus was there with us.

"Yeah," I said. "Why?"

"The king would like to confer with him on private matters," the guard said.

Thaddeus got up, rolling his eyes to suggest that it was nothing big. I frowned, but accepted his answer as true.

"How is cat Training?" Shylock teased.

"Good, actually. Much more professional than what you guys had."

The other three laughed, but I suddenly realized that Shylock could've taken that completely wrong. I need to watch my mouth.

I absolutely loved the fact that Kunta and Shylock loved hugs and crap. I was laying on Shylock's leg and listening to everyone talk, and Kunta was petting my hair. It might've seemed weird to anyone else, but for us it was almost normal. And it showed that we really were friends.

Eventually, another guard came in, Thaddeus following, and said "the king would like to speak to you now, Shylock."

He got up. This meeting would probably be the deciding factor on whether his pack would have a home.

He saluted us quickly before leaving.

I turned to Thaddeus and said "so what was that about?"

"I can't talk about it now, but maybe later tonight."

I frowned. "O-okay."

The Doc looked at me curiously.

"Is Thad in here or something?" Kunta asked.

"Oh, yes. Sorry."

"No problemo. Was just a bit confused."

At lunch time, I sat with my other friends. We talked and talked about the fact that I was accepted into training and that they had found that I was actually very good with a short sword. Astrid said that her boyfriend Felix should be getting home from a mission soon. Katrina remained silent, which was odd considering her normally talkative and charismatic personality.