The Doc's a Busy Man

I'm not having a good time lately, and sadly, I think that is being leaked into my writing :( my apologies.

I have an announcement, however, which is very good! I'm going to put a song into each chapter. Here's how it'll work:

I'll put the title of the song at the top of the page.

Somewhere during the chapter, I'll say the name of the song. at which point, you can look to the side, where (hopefully) I will have attached the song. that way, you can get Corrina's taste of music, and know what she's feeling!

Today's song is "Your Love is a Song" by Switchfoot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time passed like molasses for me. I sat in the infirmary, watching the Doc work with herbs.  People came and went, usually taking some of his medicinal teas and tinctures. He was amazing at what he did. All his customers left satisfied.

He seemed worried about me for some reason. Was it my obvious lack of sleep? Iat couldn't have been that obvious. Was it the fact that I spent so much time sitting on my bed, instead of talking to Thaddeus or exploring the pride?

The weird thing was that I didnt know why. I wasted my time doing nothing. Staring at the ceiling. What happened to being a motivated person? What happened to actually caring?

Currently, I was in my usual spot, drinking mint tea and staring at the rainy window from the bed. It had been four days since the meeting.

Five days since Shylock left.

He should be back at the pack about now. He said they were taking it really slow, wasting time in the hopes that his dad might even get worried about him.

I was worried about him.

I knew there was something seriously wrong about the fact that one of those creatures could take five trained wolves, but 13 of them couldn't take 15 werecats. Not to suggest they weren't trained well, but they would pretty much each be facing one on their own! It just didnt seem right.

My thoughts were interrupted when the Doc said "okay, Corrina."

"Okay?"

"Yes, okay. You have been healing more swiftly than I anticipated, and will be able to sleep in another place by tonight."

In the normal circumstances, I would've been happy, but now I looked pensively out the window. Would it be too much to ask if I could stay a few days longer?

Yes, I decided. The Doc's a busy man, afterall.

"Okay, Doc."

"Okay?" he asked.

"Yes," I said, managing a small smile. "Okay." this was reminding me of a book I'd read- a sad book*. It seemed appropriate for my life currently. "Thank you for taking such good care of me."

He smiled, although it looked sad as well. "Yes, of course."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

that night, I was welcomed into the home of an old married couple. they seemed nice and all, but their house smelled like tuna. Not the best smell ever.

I got a room in the upstairs that was small and short, with pink carpet and a bed taking up most of the space. Not quite Harry Potter status, but close enough*. I took off my converse and got right into the Bed.

My mind wandered from place to place as I tried to remember why I was alive.

Before I was too deep in thought, however, someone knocked and entered the room. "Hi," said Katrina. "I don't know if you knew this, but you're living with my parents."