The End

For a couple weeks I, only wanna see her, we drink away the days with a take away pizza.

Before a text message was only way to reach her, now she's staying at my place and loves the way I treat her

Music has become a jumble of hollow, tinny noises that are supposed to be pleasing to my ears, but instead have become a curse. Crying was so painful that I had stopped being able to. My tears left stinging, inflamed lines all down my face wherever the salty water touched, and I was entirely sick of it.

As for the problem with my soul, I felt almost unworried about it. I knew that I could be saved by God if my faith stayed in Him.

As I walked through th pride with ear buds in, the song changed to "Clint Eastwood" by Gorillaz. I was headed to lunch. At Doc's request, I'd been joining my (remaining) friends for lunch and dinner- although the rest of my day would probably be spent alone.

When I passed a group of girls, I heard them talking about a group of werecats returning from a mission today, but when the saw me the stopped their chatter and avoided my gaze a little too obviously.

Word of the mission's findings had spread like disease, and everyone seemed to have an opinion on it. Some thought we should be killed to fix the problem, while some thought we were heroes for bringing the info back- but everyone was looking down upon us, no matter how slightly, for not brining more bodies back. Dead or alive.

I finally reached the lunch room, taking a seat next to Jesse. Neither of us ate.

Sylvian and Katrina were already there as well, eating mashed potatoes and eggs.

"Where's Katrina?" I asked sleepily.

"She's meeting with her boyfriend. He's been on this mission for like six months, and she was hoping we'd come meet him after we ate."

"Sure. Why not."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I smiled at the familiar sights coming into view. The pride was so close I could smell the salmon! I couldn't wait to see Astrid after being away from her for so long. I heaved my backpack onto my shoulder- it was full of things I'd brought back from the trip.

What things, you may ask.

Awesome things, that's what.

As the bus pulled to a stop, I looked out and saw Astrid waiting there. She was crying.

My brow furrowed in worry, and when the vehicle came to a full stop I pushed through the crowd of guys, eager to be out of the horrible stale air. You don't want to be on a bus full of guys for five hours right after chilli night.