The Past Catches Up

A month had gone past, and Stiles was settling in nicely. He had a job at the police station with his dad. Stiles also met the newish deputy, Parrish. Stiles had been caught up on all of the supernatural shit that had happened when he was gone. And also met the new pack members. Liam, Mason, Correy, Theo (Stiles did not like him) and even Jackson was back. And everything had been going well. It was like riding a bike, except it was fighting hunters and rogue supernatural creatures with your alpha/best friend. There had been no signs of the Gladers yet, which was good. Stiles still had nightmares. He still had flashbacks and he was still on constant edge.

It had been a long day. First Stiles and Parrish went to go investigate a gunshot, which turned out to be idiot kids using their dads gun. Then Scott called the pack. He had found traces of a virus. It looked like a zombie, he said. And Stiles lost his shit. So he sped over to Derek's loft as fast as he could. There the pack stood. And a crank, chained to a pole. But the crank wasn't past the gone yet, but it was close. And another thing, Thomas recognized it, one of the people from Jorge's base in the scorch who wasn't blown to bits. The crank snarled and chomped at the air, the madness in its eyes. Scott looked at Stiles frozen in the doorway and asked, "Dude, do you know what the hell this thing is?" Stiles just reached for his knife, hidden in his pocket and walked over to the crank. It looked back at him, "I know you!" It gasped, twisting its head.

"You're Thomas. The real leader! THE PERSON WHOS GOING TO SAVE US ALL!" It cackled. "How's that working out for you? Last I checked WICKED wanted you and your friends' pretty heads. And well, it seemed like you got theirs instead." It said. Stiles grimaced at the thing, his eyes dark and tone serious. "How the hell are you not past the gone yet? And how the hell did you make it all the way to California? We blew your base up, lucky that you got out isn't it?" Stiles said, pointing his knife at the cranks chest. "I want answers! Because if I don't get them, well you saw what we did to your friends." The pack was shock at what Stiles was doing and saying. Because who the bloody hell is Thomas? And why the heck was Stiles acting this way?

"You're pretty far from home huh? What happened to your group of misfits anyway? Did you make it to the cure? Or did they turn like me?" That was it,the straw that broke the camel's back. Stiles plunged his knife into the chest of the crank and twisted. Until Stiles couldn't hear it breath and all life was gone from its eyes. "You see one of these you stab it in the chest, plunge the knife deep. Don't let it bite you, I can't help you if you if it does." And then Stiles walked off. Scott ran up to Stiles and turned him around. "What the hell was that? How did that-that thing know you, and why the hell did it call you Thomas!" Scott exclaimed.

"Look, stuff went down in Mexico. The gang wanted my intel so they could hunt these things. I've fought a couple myself. That's all you need to know." Stiles said, his tone flat.

"You said you didn't know who they were or what they wanted!" Derek said.

"Yeah, well I lied. People do that sometimes. And I only did it to protect all of you, I have no idea how it got all the way to California, or if it infected people on the way over. So watch your backs, tell me if you see anything." Stiles said as he walked out of the loft.

Everyone was in shock when he left. "That is not our Stiles." Lydia said, shaking her head.

"You're correct about that one, he isn't. He isn't human either, but I doubt any of you noticed." Peter said, walking into the center of the room.

"You knew about this?" Scott asked, his anger apparent in his voice. Peter just chuckled darkly, "Yes Scott, I did know. Because while all of you were busy hugging and kissing, I was on the lookout."

"For what?" Lydia asked.

"Signs that he wasn't human. Which I found, by the way. He smells different, he smells broken, dark, sad. He's not the same Stiles you all knew six years ago. He has a darkness in his eyes." Peter said. Scott thought about that, and it made sense. Stiles had been acting strange, like he chose what he said very carefully. And whenever there was a threat, he didn't look scared.

Hell, he looked like he was ready to kill, whatever it was. But how Scott didn't notice, he didn't know. Suddenly Scott's phone rang from his pocket. The contact said John. Scott picked up to hear a very desperate Sheriff on the other line. "Scott get your wolfy butt over here. There's a group of kids here, I don't trust 'em."

"Yeah me and the pack will head over right away. Don't do anything yet." And with that, Scott hung up the phone.

The pack arrived at the station not 20 minutes later, Stiles was waiting outside. No one mentioned the outburst from earlier, only told him why he was here. He looked on edge.

"So a group of people, various genders and ages show up at a police department. And my dad feels like that's suspicious?" Stiles asked, smiling sarcastically.

"You know how your dad is, he can feel it in his gut." Scott said. Stiles just rolled his eyes and said, "Whatever, let's just get this over with." The Pack walked through the side door of the station. Not wanting for the group of people to see them.

John stood by the door frame, looking around anxiously until his gaze fell on the pack. He just muttered a 'follow me.' He walked them over to an interrogation room, Stiles stood frozen , slack-jawed. Those motherfuckers.

Stiles shoved past everyone and walked into the room.