Chapter Twenty-Eight: Would you two stop?

Song: Daylight by 5SoS because...well because they're perfect!

****WARNING: CRAPPY, NOT EDITED CHAPTER AHEAD. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!****

Chapter Twenty-Eight: Would you two stop?

{Ashley}

Have you ever felt so happy, nothing could burst your bubble? So blissfully unaware of the things surrounding you that you wouldn't even notice if it was pouring down rain? It sounds so ridiculous, I know. I never believed it could actually happen. I always thought those girls in movies and books were crazy. Yet there I was, so giddy and oblivious it was insane.

Every time I walked into a room I could here an audible sigh. Not a sigh of delight at my presence, but a sigh of utter dismay. The lads seemed fed up with my happy attitude, but I couldn't help myself. I was absolutely, positively, undeniably happy.

After our date in Madrid, Ashton and I were rarely away from each others side. We were always touching in some way or another - holding hands, hugging, kissing, etc.. Electricity shot through my body every time he touched me and I loved it.

It's been a month since our first date, and he attempted to have some sort of date every night. It was cute when he threw a fit when Calum refused to let me ditch our weekly movie night, and tonight seemed to be another of those nights.

"But she's my girlfriend!" Ashton whined, pouting his lips and crossing his arms. I smirked at the scene before me as I leaned against the bus's kitchen counter. Calum stood in front of the door, refusing to budge while Ashton stood a few feet away from him. Cal had crossed his arms and stood glaring at my boyfriend. Picking an apple up from the counter, I sunk my teeth into the juicy fruit and watched the show.

"So what?" Calum hissed back, dark hair falling onto his forehead as he shook his head, his caramel colored eyes blazing with anger. I could see him gritting his teeth, his anger barely kept at bay. He was beginning to overreact. "She's been my best friend longer. This is a tradition, Ashton, and you know it!"

I smiled at him, his eyes flickering to mine. I could see his anger diminish slightly as our eyes met. He really was my best friend. He had always been there for me, even when they were gone, he always kept in touch.

"But--"

"No buts!" Calum interrupted, his eyes flickering back to Ashton's. "You've had her all week, it's my turn!"

"You're gett--"

"Oh come off it, Irwin," Calum growled, stalking towards the older boy. I was actually beginning to worry, my apple slipping onto the countertop - forgotten.

"Guys," I took a step forward, ready to step between them if I had to. They looked pissed, which confused me. They had always been friends and I had never seen them fight. "Let's just calm down, okay?"

"Just because she would rather spend time with me," Ashton spat out, small bits of spittle slapping Calum's cheek. "Doesn't give you--"

"Guys!" I yelled angrily, shoving the two friends away from each other. They kept glaring at each other, Ashton's arm snaking around my waist and he pulled me closer to him. His heart was racing, the feeling of it against my back reminding me of the fight between him and Luke last month. "You both need to take a chill pill. At the moment, I don't want to be around either of you. There is no reason to fight!"

"He's trying to steal you!"

"He's hogging you away from me!"

Their voices mingled, each trying to talk over the other. I groaned, frustration filling my body. I pulled away from Ashton, turning so I could face both of them.

"Would you shut it?" I snapped with a glare. I pinched the bridge of my nose, rubbing the corners of my eyes. I was tired and definitely not in the mood to deal with their bullshit. Both of their mouths snapped shut at the look on my face. "Thank you."

I looked between the two of them, taking in their tense posture and the way Ashton's jaw ticked. They were being quiet for my sake, but they both looked ready to throw a punch.

"Calum," I started, turning to focus solely on my dark friend. His golden eyes focused on my face, the anger there falling away completely. "I promised I would have movie night every Wednesday night, no matter what. But you've got to understand, Cal. I'm with Ashton now."

Calum's eyes darted to Ashton, who looked smug with a smirk playing on his lips. My best friend glared at him, fists curling closed at his sides. Turning to Ashton, I placed a calming hand on Calum's shoulder.

"Ashton," I said warningly, my eyes narrowing on the green-eyed boy. The smug smirk slipped from his lips as his eyes met my pale blue ones. "I know you want me all to yourself, but I can't ditch my friends all the time. Wednesday nights are reserved for Calum, and you know that. It's always been that way. You can stay and watch with us or you can go pout in your bunk, but either way it's your choice. I'm staying here to watch a movie Cal."

And to prove my point, I dragged Calum to the couch. He sat down and I followed closely behind him, stretching my legs across his lap like we used to do. His hands rubbed on my ankles as I pressed play on the already loaded movie, Miss Congeniality.

I giggled as Sandra Bullock appeared on screen, her fuzzy hair and glasses looking good on her in a way no one else could pull off. As the first scene came to a close, a body sunk to the floor in front of the couch. I recognized the curls immediately, grinning when my boyfriend reached for my hand.

It's hard to focus on a movie when someone as attractive as Ashton Irwin is playing with your fingers. I was having heart palpitations right there on the couch when he began placing kisses on my fingertips. I tried my hardest to focus on the movie, but my eyes always came back to rest on the green-eyed boy next to me. His lips ghosted over my wrist, his long fingers trailing up my arm.

"Stop," I whispered, trying not to alert Calum to the situation. The last thing I needed was for Calum to find out and tell Michael. I could feel Ashton smile against my skin as he continued to press kisses to my flesh. "Ash, stop it."

"I don't wanna," he mumbled back, nipping at my wrist. I bit my lip at the sudden thrilling sensation, loving the feel of his lips on my skin.

"S-stop, Ashton," I muttered, trying to pull my arm away from him. His grip loosened slightly, but not enough for me to escape. With a huff of air, I refocused on the movie.

Sandra Bullock was now in her disguise, Gracie Lou Freebush, her long chocolate hair straight and perfect. As I watched the movie I could feel Ashton's fingers tracing circles on my wrist. It wasn't as distracting as the kisses, but it was still quite distracting. I felt goosebumps rising all the way up my arm as he leaned his head against my side, still tracing circles.

"Would you two stop?" Calum growled, his voice snapping me out of the trance Ashton had put me under. My cheeks flushed in embarrassment as my eyes snapped to my best friend guiltily.

"Sorry," I mumbled, turning back to the screen. Ashton chuckled, earning a slap on the shoulder.