21 - sweater

It took every atom in my body to not get dressed and head straight to the hospital. Sitting all alone in my room knowing that I couldn't leave to help my friend was more nerve racking than to listen to the sound of fingernails scratching onto a chalk board.

Just then, my phone chimes in with a new text message from Kai. I grab the phone and read the messages:

Kai: Heyy, I'm sorry if I scared you on call earlier...I was just really worried. Jieun's injuries are very minor, she just ended up with a few scratches from her fall but she passed out in shock. If you want to talk to Jieun, I prefer you do it through the phone. I know you'll want to meet her and she'd want to meet you too but it isn't safe to meet each other anymore. He's watching us and I can feel it so please be careful.

Kai: I'll call you later tonight. Okay?

I read the long message and even though it was a relief to know that Jieun was alright, I still felt low-spirited knowing I couldn't see her for myself. I reply:

Me: yeah, I can call at night. Are you still at the hospital?

Kai: She'll be discharged soon. She's heading back home after with the others. I'll be staying here for the rest of the week.

Me: why aren't you going home with the rest of them?

Kai: I was supposed to tell you tonight at the party which by the way is clearly cancelled but basically I got us a contract

Kai: Father told me about the company and I had no idea what the brand was but he already accepted the job because apparently its their big debut advertisement or something

Kai: They called out to us after seeing those school uniform ads we did last month

Me: when's the shoot?

Kai: Next month but documents are all due pretty soon. So tell me if you want to do it, I'll tell my dad as soon as you have a response

Me: okay, sounds good. Make sure to call me before you leave.

Kai: Of course

Kai: Talk to ya l8er chiCA. I'll take well care of your friend!

Kai: love ya!

Kai: I SAID LOVE YA! SEND ME SOME LOVE :(

Me: bye

With that I shut my phone off and let out a deep breath. There was so much on my mind but I didn't want to face any responsibilities right now. That's why I get up from the lazy bed and decide to take a stroll to the park just as the sun was beginning to set. I grab all my necessities before leaving the house making sure to grab the black mask as I walk out the door. I locked the front door and pulled the black mask over the bottom half of my face and begin my walk to the nearby park.

The sky had charmingly cleared from the rain, revealing the setting sun on its journey towards the horizon. The foggy winds were slowly beginning to chill and the wet roads were clearing as the night was steadily coming to its end. This time of day always held significant to me. The sun setting was a constant reminder that there will always be an end to everything. Sometimes that end could be beautiful: filled with captivating colours of red, orange, pink and even purple. But sometimes that end could be unsightly: with melancholy clouds and a single ray of yellow illuminating the blue atmosphere. Either way, they all reach one single darkness in the end and I wonder which end I'll meet today and all other days after that.