Fear

I was on my way to the hospital in the same ambulance as my brother.

The doctors said that he was in critical condition same as both my parents, but the other guy only had a few scratches and a couple broken ribs.

At the hospital the nurse disinfected my wounds and treated my broken hand (at the time of the crash I didn't notice it because I was in shock). My whole family were having their operations right this instant and I was waiting....i was wondering what will happen next will my family die, or will they survive and will be forced to be disabled for the rest of their lives.

One hour..........Two.........Three..........Four............Five and one of the doctors just came out of the operating room with a expression that looked like he just swallowed a whole lemon and at that moment my whole world turned upside down, at that moment he didn't even have to tell because I said it my self "Who?" I said I my voice squeaked at the end.

"Your dad, we couldn't do anything his brain was already dead by the time he got here."

My heart shattered. Another 30 minutes past and the second doctor comes out but his expression looks calm and I felt so relieved at the moment that only the people who went through it would understand.

"Your brother is stable, but we have to keep a close eye on him" the doctor said with a strait face, like he doesn't even care.

"Why, did you find something?" I said as I could feel my stomach do flips.

"No, but there might be an internal bleeding because of all the injuries, that's why we have to make sure that doesn't happen. We don't want him to have problems, now do we?"

"Yes, of coarse. I understand thank you..."

"Dr. Michael" he said when he saw me searching for a name tag.

"Yes thank you Dr. Michael." I said as I sat back down to wait for the news about my mom.

The last doctor came an hour after that and I didn't like what I saw, it was the same facial expression as the first one....which meant......no I god please no! Not mom! I started crying by the time the doctor got near me.

"I'm sorry, we did everything we could." that was all he said. My heart was shattered and broke In half, at least I had my brother, he had to survive he just had to!