||Chapter 10||

I heard Celia downstairs and decided to investigate. Correct me if I'm wrong, but she left for Auradon two days ago, living the life I should have.

I walked silently over to the top of the stairs. I saw Celia stop the recording of the dog barking and Mal creeping up behind my dad attempting to steal the ember.

Oh, this is gonna be hilarious.

"Hi sissy! You're just in time for family game night." I said, which made her stop in her tracks. She turned around slowly and looked up at me. "Hi, Hailey."

I began waking down the stairs. "You know, I didn't think you'd come, seeing as you and your friends love to break your promises and not come back for people that you said that you'd get off this island. Seven months ago."

She stood there silently, trying to think of a response, but nothing came out.

I walked over to the couch, snatched the ember from her loose grip, and pushed my dad's feet of the arm rest. Of course he was still asleep. "We have guests, father. Where are your man... what are YOU doing here?" I stopped myself when I saw my least favorite person hiding in the corner.

"Hi."

"Don't 'hi' me." I narrowed my eyes and walked over to him. "What are you," I poked him in the chest, "doing here?"

Carlos looked at Mal for help. "I thought that we'd have a better chance of getting the ember if he came to help convince you."

I turned to her and rolled my eyes. "Wow, you really don't know me at all. Not that I'd expect you to."

Carlos lightly grabbed my arm. "Look, Hailey-" "Don't touch me." "we really need that ember. Auradon is in danger. We need it to save everyone."

I gave him a blank stare. "You want me to just hand it to you? You two really think that I'd just gladly hand it over after what you did?"

"Hailey, please just-"

"Silence!" I held my finger up to stop him.

"Padre." I snapped my fingers and pointed to the instruments while walking up to the stage. Yes, we have a stage. Have you met me and my dad?

My dad hopped off the couch. "Yes ma'am." He went over to the piano and turned the other instruments on.

I fixed my hair and faced the back. Listen, if I'm going to tell him off, I'm going to look good while doing it.

"Listen little boy, you're talking to a God," I sang while turning around and grabbing the the mic, "and I don't wanna start any drama. 'I have to save my brand'. Oh! Well guess what? After you ran, I had to answer to your mama! You were a terrible friend!"

"Oh... Hailey, don't be sad." Mal told me. Now isn't the time for girl talk, sissy.

"Ha, I'm not as sad as dad without his powers." I responded while nodding my head towards him. "Hey-"

"I didn't come to fight. For once, do something right." Carlos tried to reason while walking up to the stage.

"You broke your promise, did you think I'd just give it to you?" I scoffed. I continued singing. "You don't want me, you need me for something."

"I gave you everything!" Carlos yelled while hopping onto the stage.

"Well now I have nothing!" I yelled back

"I did what I had to do." He sang, grabbing the mic.

"Ooh-ooh-ooh!" Dad, Mal, and Celia backed up

"No, you only did what's best for you." I argued and took the mic back.

"Well, you could learn a thing or two," Carlos sang back.