Party's Out (10)

John P.O.V

"So, you want to talk about it, or is it a closed relationship?" Byze teased me. I glared daggers at him and turned around. Lunch was lonely without Smitty here. The boys were all asking me about what was going on between Smit and I, but it's really nothing. They won't give it up. 

Fuck them.

"You can't keep saying, oh it's nothing guys! We know something is going on. That was way too...weird for it to be absolutely nothing."

"I'm not joking you guys! It really was nothing!"

"Yeah sure." Grizzy rolled his eyes and took a big bite of his sandwich.

"Griz, you don't even know him." I growled. "You aren't aloud to have an opinion." He put up his hands defensively and let out a laugh. 

"Man that's mad racist." He huffed. "I'm aloud to ship it."

"Shut up you weeb." I pushed his arm away playfully. He wheezed with a laugh and took a swig of his water.

"Anyways how about we talk about Swagger." Fitz pointed out. "He was here first period, now he's just gone." I lifted an eyebrow.

"Why?" I leaned closer to him. "Are you worried?" I teased. He narrowed his eyes and shoved me away.

"In your dreams you perv." He scowled. I chuckled and grabbed a chip from his bag. "That's highway robbery!" He yelled out, pinching my lips and pulling them around. I smacked his hand away and massaged my face.

"That hurt."

"So does my chip bag from your grimy hands!" He huffed. "I don't need your disease."

"That doesn't even make..." The bell rang over us. This was the second bell, which basically means it's time to head back to class. I had study hall this period so I could take my time getting there. As I walked down the hallways, I felt something grab my hand. It was warm and soft in fact...it kind of felt like... "Smitty?" I asked happily turning myself around. When I did, there was no one there. 

My hand went cold. When I looked down at it there was nothing there. I scratched my head.

"Even calling his name in the hallway. That's lovely." I looked up to see Fitz standing over top of me.

I forgot this giant bitch had study hall too.

"Sorry. I just thought I saw him." I lied. I turned back around and continued to walk towards study hall. Fitz walked next to me and played on his phone. I rolled my eyes. As he continued to walk besides me, I sped up.

 He did the same, seeming to not notice our sudden speed change. 

We were approaching the door and I went straight through. Fitz walked directly into the wall beside the door. I burst out with laughter and sprinted to my seat as he chased after me with an agitated look plaguing his face. I sat down and just as he was about to punch me in the shoulder the teacher walked in and shot Fitz a glare. He took his seat next to me and pulled out a piece of paper. He wrote on it for a moment then passed it to me. It read,

You're an asshole.

I giggled.

"Are you two passing notes back there?" The teacher yelled from the front of the room. "Come here!" I shot Fitz a look and he nodded his head. He balled up the small piece of paper and shoved it into his mouth. The entire class erupted in laughter as he chewed and walked up to the teacher's desk. She looked absolutely disgusted as he spat it out into the trash can and went back to his seat. I watched her anger rise as she threw Fitz and I out of the class. She slammed the door behind us as the class went silent. I could hear one kid say,

"Oh shit. They're in trouble again."

You see, my friend group has a bad track record. We are well known in school as the "bad kids". Swagger smokes at school, Fitz hates all of his teachers, Grizzy is constantly leaving...of course we know about his mom, but other people misconstrue him as a bad kid as well. Byze and Nick really aren't too bad, but they don't hang with us much other than lunch. 

And...let's just stay away from McCreamy...

"You boys always cause a disturbance in my class and this is the last straw!" She waved us to come with her. We slowly walked behind with our heads down. I could tell we were headed to the office. Our teacher was fuming so much that she failed to notice Fitz and I sneak into the library as we passed it.

I ran inside and threw myself into the back room with Fitz. My sister was inside, looking at me with a sour scowl.

"What happened this time?" She narrowed her eyes. Fitz put his hands on the back of his neck and walked over to a chair in the corner. "If you keep coming here I am going to get in trouble."

"It wasn't even our fault!" I whined. "It was an invasion of privacy." Fitz laughed.

"It was not that big either. I ate a piece of paper that said, 'You're an asshole'. It wasn't like we were talking about your boyfriend." I felt my cheeks heat up as I turned and glared daggers at Fitz. He just shrugged and leaned back in the chair. "What?"

"Oh speaking of Smitty, what are you planning for his birthday?" Sydney flipped through the book she was holding in her hand. "I thought you would be freaking out over that, but I guess I was wrong."

Wait.

"What do you mean Smitty's birthday? When is his birthday?" Sydney covered her mouth and threw down her head.

"So he didn't tell you..."

"Sydney." I growled. "When. Is. His. Birthday."

"Uh...today." She stammered. "But-but you didn't hear it from me!"

Of course he didn't tell me today was his birthday! I could have been planning, or skipped school, or something like that.

"I'm leaving." I told her. "I'll take the window out."

"John we're on the second floor." Fitz laughed. "You have to go down to the main level to get out." Sydney shot him a look.

"Oh he can get out. It just may not be as convenient as the front doors." She crossed her arms and nodded to me. "I'll let you go this time without a fuss, but that is only because you aced your history exam." She sighed. I silently thanked my teacher for making an easy quiz and walked out of the break room. I sprinted over to the large window next to the corner of the wall.

This window was hardly noticeable from the outside. I mean, there are plenty of windows in the library but this one was hidden by an exterior wall. No one really came to this window other than me and the cleaners. That was because it was the only one that opened, providing an entrance, or exit for anyone who wished to get through. I haven't been caught yet, due to the security cameras significantly breaking down near the window. 

Thanks Sydney.

I opened the latch and pushed the window open, carefully as to not leave prints. I climbed out onto the sill of the window and closed it. Sydney would lock it later. I took a deep breath and dropped down to my hands on the sill. Below me was the roof of the first floor. I let go and pushed my feet against the wall to propel myself forward and reduce the fall.

I landed with a soft thud and immediately stood up. I ran over to the side of the roof and looked over. I couldn't see anyone on campus, so I slid down the roof and held onto the edge of it. I let go and once again propelled myself off the wall and landed softly on the ground.

"Gets easier every time." I huffed running away from the school.

Hoe thought he could party without me?

---

Here's the next chapter guys! Also life as you know it is about to end. 

Who's attending the Area 51 RAID!!!! (Not me cause I don't want to die yet lol)

-ARS