seven

devon's pov

showing up, i felt like a total outcast. but ethan invited me, and i couldn't say no. for one, i didn't want him to think i was afraid and two, he's my friend and he knows it. why would i deny an invite only because i knew who was going to be there.

i'm sure south siders weren't terrible despite everything i've learned about them. i mean, melanie fell in love with one.

though people didn't say anything, there were a lot of stares. i saw melanie briefly, standing with some south siders whom i assume she's befriended. but she didn't see me and i didn't want to interrupt, therefore i didn't say hello.

halfway through hanging out at the diner, and ethan introducing me to his best friend, sonny; who is an awesome guy by the way, we headed to some guys house because he though it'd be a good idea to throw a house party right after we just hung out.

of course, ethan dragged me to it. but i didn't complain.

we were one of the last to arrive. the party had already begun and the building already reeked of alcohol and sex. the ceilings were covered in smoke and the only thing to be heard was the sound of loud music and screaming.

it was a typical house party in which you see in the movies. but of course, i have never been to one. let's just say, north side parties were a little different. scratch that. it was the total opposite of this.

not gonna lie, totally out of my comfort zone.

"do you want a drink?" ethan screams over the music. sonny holds out a can of beer for me to take, his eyebrow raised.

i take it, a tiny bit of hesitation running through me. "i have to drive after this." i tell them. though i was upset that i couldn't drink, i needed to be safe.

"don't even worry." ethan says, urging me to drink. "i'm DD tonight." he smiles, holding up his bottle of lemonade.

"of course you are." i laughed. "what would ethan dolan do without his lemonade?"

"i guess it's you and me, wu." sonny says, throwing his arm over my shoulder. the height differences between me and ethan and sonny was crazy. they were so much taller than me and they took that as an advantage.

"be my partner in cup pong!" sonny screams excitedly, suddenly dragging me away from ethan and all the alcoholic drinks.

i look back at ethan as he watches us leave with a faint smile on his face. i return it, before finally standing in front of the table.

after hours, sonny and i actually won many games but lost quite a lot also. by the time we were finished, he was fucked because he'd occasionally drink for me.

i sat him down on a couch, surrounded by many of his peers. everyone was really out of it too. either drunk or high, you name it. i can't lie when i say i was tipsy but i was definitely there unlike many people here.

i needed to find ethan. i feel bad for ditching him to play cup pong with sonny. plus, i need him to bring us home.

i didn't feel comfortable talking to any south sider here, if i'm being honest. i know i was such a bitch to a lot of them in the past. a part of me feels unsafe being in the same room with the people i used to bully.

with ethan or sonny, i felt fine. but sonny was tired and drunk and ethan was no where to be found.

i sighed out of frustration. this house was so tiny and yet i've been pushing through many sweaty bodies and can't find him anywhere.