Chapter 1

You didn't even realise you had slept the entire way there.

You lift your head up to see a mass array of trees scattered around the area. Looking forward, you notice that the bus driver was still driving - and you were pulling into a driveway, if you could call it that.

Either way, it was—

𝘽𝘼𝙈!

You jolt upwards, catching yourself before you nearly fly out of your seat. The bus had abruptly stopped after what seemed like it had crashed into something. You take a glance at the front window - only to see a young man, dusting himself off.

The bus door opens, and your driver gives you a firm look.

"The new camper's here." He says, as the young man finds his way over to the bus doors.

You take this as your queue to get up, and, as you do so, you notice yet another person standing beside the young man.

A kid about your age - maybe a bit shorter than you, but still about your age, stood beside the young man with the most foul look you could ever give. The bus doors open, and you're immediately greeted with a warm smile from the adult.

"Heya, new camper! Welcome to Camp Campbell! My name's David, what's yours?"

His surprisingly enthusiastic mood sets you off a little - but quickly, you give David an answer.

"Y/n.." You say, your gaze dropping to the floor. For some reason, this place made you slightly uncomfortable - and you felt as if the boy with the angry look was judging everything about you.

"Well, Y/n, it's very nice to meet you! Max, why don't you introduce yourself?" David looks down at the boy whose name is supposedly 'Max'.

Max gives David an unimaginably disgusted scowl before his gaze turns to you. 

"Hi

"Hi."

It was with very little effort, but at least he greeted you.

David sighs, and says:

"Well, Max, since you're not doing anything, why don't you show Y/n around campus?" David pats Max's hair, and Max gives David another firm scowl.

"Whatever. Let's go, new kid."

Well, this isn't what you imagined Camp would be like.