Chapter 15

Nikki ran out of the woods with a cheery grin. Catching Max and Neil not too far away, she skipped towards them - grinning ear-to-ear.

Max turned towards her with a blank expression. As she made her way towards him, he rose an eyebrow.

"What's up with you?" He said, referring to her obviously cheery nature.

"Oh, it's nothing. I'm just excited for tonight's escape plan, you know." Nikki grinned again, and slightly hummed to herself. Max peered over Nikki's shoulder and exhaled through his nose.

"Speaking of tonight's escape, where's Y/n?" He said, looking back towards Nikki.

"She's rehearsing. Why do you ask, Max?" Nikki replied, placing her hand on Max's shoulder.

"She doesn't know about the plan yet. We need to tell her how it's gonna go down."

Nikki raised an eyebrow.

"You sure that's the only reason?"

Max gave Nikki a stern look before whacking her hand off of his shoulder.

"Yeah." He said, his tone devoid of almost any emotion.

Nikki frowned.

That wasn't the response she wanted.

"Whatever you say." She said, just before hurrying towards Neil to tell him about her recent discovery.

However, before she could reach him, she stopped in her tracks.

I told Y/n that her secret was safe with me.

...

..I'm gonna keep it that way.

Instead of walking up to Neil, she stood in place and simply smiled.

"Okay, everyone! The play's about to begin! I hope you've rehearsed your lines, because you're not going to be using your scripts on stage!"

The loud voice of Preston causes everyone to turn towards him.

As Max turned over to look at the woods once more, he wondered if Y/n really was coming.

She would.

It'd be fine.

And, sure enough, there she was.

Exiting the forest, she turned to look at Max once more.

And she smiled.