Chapter 2

Enjoy!

Y/n

As I begin drifting off to a dreamless sleep, S-M/n and my father downstairs, I hear Venus chirping at the window. "Not now, Venus..." I yawn and look at her, a note tied to her ankle. I sigh and stand, untying the note from her leg.

I open it and I see that it's in Hermione's handwriting:

"Dear Y/n,
It's Hermione! I was wondering how you're doing so far during the summer? Also, Ron's family invited Harry, you, and I to the Leaky Cauldron for the remainder of summer (which is mostly just today). I'm already here with my new pet (I'll introduce you when you come) and permission from my parents. Okay, so, If you'd like to come, come sometime soon. I hope to see you here!
Sincerely,
Hermione."

I smile and pocket the note, still walking on my broken ankle, I limp my way to my luggage and roughly pack my things, Venus flying away shortly after. I grab my mum's book and my trunk, limping down the stairs and out the front door with S-M/n yelling in my ear the whole time out.

"I DIDN'T NEED YOU ANYWAY, YOU PRICK!-" She finishes as I slam the door in her face. I sit on the sidewalk, pull my jacket closer to my chest and lay my head in my lap gently, careful not to touch any of the darkened bruises or cuts on my arms and face.

I hear a bus stop in front of me and I don't bother to look up, as I know they probably didn't stop for me. "Welcome to the Knight Bus...Emergency transport for the stranded witch or wizard. My name is Stan Shunpike and I will be your conductor this evening." I hear a man say. I slowly look up and see that he's stopped directly in front of me and he pockets a piece of parchment.

He looks down with a brow raised and he looks at me odd. "You talking to me..?" I ask the man, most likely Stan Shunpike, as he said. He nods, "Yup. What's up with you?" He questions the new scars and bruises I have and I just shake my head, slowly standing up as my ankle begins severely throbbing when I hand my trunk to him.

He ushers me in and I sit on one of the beds that're placed there for anyone's use. I bring my legs up to my chest and I stay silent with my chin resting on my knees. He stops and gives me a small slip of paper that I just store in my pocket and this shrunken head with dreads begins speaking, "Alright, Take it away, Ern!" The bus, presumably the Knight Bus begins driving throughout the streets and swerving through everywhere it can fit.

We make another abrupt stop before I fall off the bed, and Stan says the same thing that was on the parchment last time. I ignore whoever comes in and I hear Harry's voice, making my head shoot up and say, "H-Harry?!"

He turns around and I run up to him and hug him, not caring whether my ankle gets worse or not. "Y/n..? W-What's happened to you..?" He slowly separates us and stares at my face which is all beaten and bruised, my lip still quite cut. I shake my head and sit next to him on the closest bed to Stan. "So whereabouts are you two headed?" I suddenly fall back on the bed and grip the pole hard.

"The Leaky Cauldron, that's in London." I respond. He knocks on the glass and says, "Ye hear that Ern? The Leaky Cauldron, that's in London." The shrunken head laughs and I tilt my head as we turn the corner and it yells, "Little old lady at 12 o'clock!"

The bus makes an abrupt stop, throwing Harry and I against the glass. "10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 3 1/2, 2, 2 3/4...GO!" It yells again, the bus moving again, throwing Harry and I back onto the bed from before.