Chapter 8

Sorry it's been so long, I just have a bunch of things to do..I'm preparing for high school applications and my mom's really on me about it. Enjoy!

Y/n

Harry and I explained that Fred and George gave us something called the Marauders Map and that it'd be useful for sneaking out of the castle. "Those weasels...Never told me about any 'Marauders Map.'" Ron retorts. I smile, then Hermione, being the 'good girl' she is, says "But Harry isn't going to keep it. He's going to turn it over to Professor McGonagall. Aren't you?" She looks at Harry and he looks at us.

Ron and I shrug and look around, basically saying that she's Harry's problem now. I smile at Ron, then he smiles at me. While we're looking around, I ended up slipping my ungloved hand into his gloved one. I felt the warmth radiating off him and all my shivers disappeared. "Bloody Hell, Y/n, You're really cold. C'mere." Ron pulls my cold form closer to him and I melt into him. I lean my head onto his jacket and he wraps his arm around me protectively.

I feel heat creep up my cheeks and I figure, "Its probably just because I'm cold, nothing more." My shoulders drop, still in his embrace. Everyone stops and supposedly listens to a conversation going on in front of us, but I wasn't paying attention. "Y/n? You alright?" Ron asks me, shaking my shoulder lightly.

"Huh? Oh. I-I'm f-fine..!" I smile at him and he nods, rubbing my arm gently, still trying to warm me up. "Oh, Look. It's Madam Rosmerta, Ron fancies her." Hermione says, giggling. I look at her and she winks at me. I quickly bury my face into Ron's jacket, trying to cover my bright red face.

"That's not true!" Ron defends himself, hugging me once I dig myself even deeper into his jacket. Cornelius Fudge, Madam Rosmerta, and Professor McGonagall say something about Harry, and He disappears! Just like that!

"So much for sneaking off together, Harry.." I think, rolling my eyes as we follow Harry's footprints. He walks into the pub and we try to follow, the shrunken heads telling us to 'shut the damn door.' We do as we're told, hating every second of it.

All three of us peer through the window and we wait there for Harry's footprints to return.

After a few minutes or so, we see footprints, being left by an invisible source. "Ron, Hermione, Look-" I point at the ground, "It's Harry!" Hermione jumps up and follows, calling after him.

Ron and I try to catch up with her, as she's struggling not to loose him again. Harry shoves a bunch of carolers and we chase after him.

Harry went up to a clearing in the forest and his footprints lead up to a rock, and stopped. Hermione follows and kneels in front of him. Ron and I hear the faint sound of crying where Harry and Hermione are and we look at each other, then at Harry and Hermione with looks of sympathy.

I lean my head against Ron's shoulder and grab his warm hand. Hermione removes the cloak from Harry's body and she reveals a teary eyed Harry. "Harry...What happened..?" She wraps her arms around his neck and he wraps his arms around her back.

"He was their friend...but He betrayed them..." Harry sobs into Hermione's shoulder, as she rubs the back of Harry's head gently. I intertwine mine and Ron's fingers, and I feel him rub his thumb on the back of my hand. I smile and look at the ground.

"I hope he finds me...'Cause when he does, I'll be ready. When he does, I'm gonna kill him." Harry scowls, standing and letting go of Hermione.

***

"Beautiful day." Hermione states, all of us walking out onto the grounds in our regular clothing.

"Gorgeous. Unless, of course, you're being ripped to pieces." Ron retorts. "Ripped to pieces?" Harry asks. I roll my eyes standing between the two before they argue again, "Ron's lost S-Scabbers and he s-suspects t-that Crookshanks a-ate him." I gently place my hand on Ron's upper arm, rubbing it comfortingly as I look back at Harry. "But I haven't lost him! Her cat killed him!" Ron accuses.