Chapter 4

Enjoy!

Y/n

"Welcome, my children." Our new -and only- Divination Professor says trying her best to sound mysterious, "In this room, you shall explore the noble art of Divination. In this room, you shall discover if you possess the Sight-" She stands and almost knocks her desk over. I put the palm of my hand under my chin while some people laugh and she continues, "Hello. I am Professor Trelawney. Together we shall cast ourselves into the future!"

The woman raises her arms, her glasses (that make her eyes appear 12 times larger than what they regularly are) slip down her nose and a large smile on her face.

"This term we shall be focusing on Tasseomancy, which is the art of reading tea leaves, so please, take the cup of the person sitting opposite you...What do you see?" She continues waving her arms around accentually, making me chuckle. Ron and Harry're sitting opposite each other, me sitting next to Ron and leaving a spot open for Hermione, next to Harry.

Ron grabs Harry's cup and swishes it around, opening the textbook and looking for what he sees. "The truth lies buried beneath, like a sentence within a book..." Trelawney continues speaking nonsense that I don't really understand.

I shrug it off and look at Ron on my left as he continues looking, "....Beyond!" Trelawney yells suddenly gaining my attention and pointing to the opposite wall.

"What a load of rubbish..." I hear Hermione's voice say. I whip my head to look at her and she's tucking something away into her shirt.

"Where did you come from?!" Ron exclaims, looking the same way I am. "Me? I've been here all this time." Hermione says, sounding genuinely confused, which doesn't ever happen with her.

She begins talking to Neville and asking him if his Grandmother is okay. I roll my eyes at her as Neville quickly grabs his cup and looks in it.

She walks over to our table and stares at Ron, "Oh! Your aura is pulsing, dear, are you in the beyond? I think you are..." She puts her arms up again and Ron nods, clutching the cup, "Sure..."

"Look in the cup..! Tell me what you see..." She waves her arms towards her and Ron flips through some pages, "Well, uh, Harry's got sort of a wonky cross...That's trials and suffering. And, uh, that there could be the sun and that's happiness. So, uh, you're gonna suffer, but you're gonna be happy...about it..."

Trelawney takes the cup and yells, dropping it back onto the table, "Oh, my dear boy. You have...the grim...." She elongates the 'm' and some people around us gasp.

"The Grin? What's the Grin?" Seamus asks, "Not the Grin, you idiot. The Grim...'Taking the form of a giant spectral dog, it is one of the darkest omens in our world...It's an omen of death.'" Bem, a Gryffindor in our year, explains.

I feel my eyebrows raise and I look at Harry to see him staring into his cup.

***

"You don't think that Grim thing has got to do anything with Sirius Black, do you?" Ron asks, worry tainting his usually lively voice.

"Oh honestly, Ron! If you ask me, Divination is a very woolly discipline. Now, Ancient Runes? That's a fascinating subject." Hermione says.

"Ancient Runes? Exactly how many classes are you taking this term?"

"A fair few."

I follow them silently until realization hit me. "Hold on, that's impossible. Ancient Runes is the same time as Divination. Wouldn't you have to be in two classes at once?" I ask, bouncing off a small stone, following Harry.