Chapter #7) The Boys Were A Family

(A/N: It's short but it's a filler. Hope you enjoy!

Keep believing,

Tori.)

The next day the boys were up to to the usual boy antics while Peter internally planned.

It's was getting dark and they had just finished eating the fresh meat a few boys had caught and cooked when Rufio walked up.

"Hey guys! Look what I imagined up!" Rufio got the boys attention, shaking a decent sized flask of rum in his hand. The boys smiled and looked to pan for confirmation that they could get drunk.

Pan just grinned and they took that as a yes.

"What are you going to do about the Pirates?" Tootles, the youngest and more heartfelt of the lost boys piped up nervously.

"The Pirates? No worries, we will handle them another day. A bunch of ludicrous miscreants with not an ounce of meaningful self respect or dignity aren't going to stop us from having some fun!" Peter spouted, throwing his fist up, causing the boys to roar and cheer.

-------------------------------------------

They had gotten completely wasted. Spent a big majority of the night passing the flask around. Even the younger boys drank because Neverland has no rules.

The bonfire blazed. The boys danced and shouted and chanted around the fire. Occasionally a few of the older set would lift a younger boy onto their shoulders and spin them without mercy until the little one couldn't walk, stumbling in circles as he vomited, still laughing.

"So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land!" Peter giggled and slurred, pulling on the strings of Felix' cloak causing the taller boy to shake his head and laugh.

It wasn't often the boys got to see Peter let down his guard and be that silly, so if they had to get him drunk to see it they would.

Tink was in a tree not to far, watching the scene. She sighed, regretting her choices from so long ago. She liked watching Peter when he was let loose like this, it reminds her that underneath he is still the Peter Pan she considered a son.

As it got later the boys calmed down and sat on their bed rolls. On this night they moved all the bed rolls close together so they could sleep beside each other. The boys wouldn't admit it, but they did sometimes cuddle. Most of the boys were raised without affection before pan took them in, so the teens looked to each other for comfort.

The boys were all sufficiently drunk. Some had fallen asleep, and some were just being rowdy, play fighting.

Peter ordered them to all lie down beside the fire. When they calmed he stretches like a cat and laid beside felix, cuddling into his friend shamelessly and the boys started to drift into slumber.

Some would forget the boys were mere teens because of their ruthless acts. None the less they were teens and made dirty jokes and cuddled at night. They were a family.