Chapter #12) A Worried Pirate?

It was getting late and each of the lost boys had returned to the jolly Rodger; except for Peter Pan.

Everyone was starting to get worried, Peter said he would be back at the exact time and it was getting later and later.

That's the thing. He will make choices and changes when you are not looking. You simply have to trust that he is making the right revisions; that pan knows best.

"I'm going to look for him. Make sure the boys stay here and out of trouble." Killian told Smee, he didn't need the boys ripping apart his ship in his absence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As it got into the earliest hours of the morning Killian was still searching.

The streets were pitch black and empty, the only light from the street lamps.

He was heading down one of the busier streets when suddenly he heard noises.

"We said give us your money!"

"Or what?" He hears a familiar cocky voice answer, but the voice was rougher then usual. As if he had been yelling or something.

"That's it. We didn't want to have to do more then rough you up, but you're not listening." The voice answered.

Killian felt frozen in spot when he heard a grunt of pain.

He ran down the alley the sound was coming from and spotted pan, surrounds by three gangsters of the sort.

All three were throwing punches at the smaller boy.

Peter was shaking in rage and sobbing in pain.

Killian automatically pulled out his gun and coughed. The gangsters looked up and paused for a moment, when spotting the gun they ran, dispersing into the streets.

Killian rushed to the now keeled over boy who was coughing up blood with a unusual look on his face.

"You alright m'boy?" Killian asked, worry evident on his features.

Peter looked up and a reckless grin was suddenly on his face, he look wild and feral.

"I swear I almost had them." He laughed.

Killian laughed too, until peters laugh turned to coughing and he pulled the boy to his feet.

"Let's get to your boat." Peter said.

"It's a ship!" Killian protested.

And that's how the rest of the night went, with the two bickering over whether it was a boat or ship as Hook helped a slightly limping Peter Pan to the Jolly Rodger.