Chapter 35.

The next morning, I woke up early to get up and make breakfast. Julian was watching cartoons as I poured him a bowl or cereal and handed it to him.

"Thank you." He said, making me smile.

"You're welcome baby." I said kissing the top of his head. I made coffee, eggs, bacon, potatos, toast. Enough to feed an army. I was starving by the time Paul walked into the room. His hair was damp from the shower. Shirtless and just in his nice black trousers. I giggled as he kissed my cheek.

"Aww you make me brekky?"

"I made myself brekky. But I guess if you're here, I might as well share." I smiled handing him a plate. He laughed and began eating as I sat next to him.

I was eating when the phone rang. Paul leaned over and picked it up.

"Ello?"

It was quiet for a few seconds as he stayed silent. He sighed.

"Yeah she's 'ere. I know John but...I dunno. Hold on."

He handed the phone to me. I took it and held it to my ear. "Hello?" I knew who it was. I really dont know why I said hello. 

"Hi. I um...I was wondering when you were coming back." 

He sounded sad. Like he really missed me. I shook my head. 

"Did she spend the night?" 

A pause. I scoffed. "Jesus John."

"What was I supposed to do!? I mean you lied to me! You're acting like i'm the bad person now!? You fuckin lied to me about the baby! Ye told me you lost it and I believed you for a fuckin month Lucy!"

"I know what I did was wrong okay? But you act like having an affair isn't??"

It was quiet for a few seconds. I chewed on my lip until he spoke.

"I want to see ye. We need to talk. Just you and me alright? I promise I won't start anything."

I looked at Paul and back down at my food. "Okay John. We'll talk."

"Good. Lucy?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

I shut my eyes and took a breath. "I love you too John. I'll be by in an hour or so."

and with that, I hung up. I poked at my food and looked up at Paul. "I don't want to go."

"Ye have to love. Look, I ave to take care of a few things with Brian this afternoon. If things don't go well with John...here."

He handed me a key. "You're welcome to stay here for now."

I smiled and leaned over, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Thank you Paul. I love you."

"I love you too Luce."

..

Paul took Julian off with him as I went down to mine and John's. I walked in and looked around,

"John?" I called out. I walked in the living room and saw him sitting on the sofa. I sat next to him and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Hi." He said. I nodded.

"Hello John. You wanted to talk."

He leaned over, putting out his cigarette and sat back. "I want to talk about us."

I felt a nervous pain in my stomach. "Yeah? What about us?"

He let out a long sigh and scratched the back of his head. "You know what I mean Lucy. I want us to be honest with each other."