Episode 13 (Part 1)

PIDGE POV

"Is everyone ok?" Keith's voice crackled over the intercom. I stared out into the dark expanse in front of us. Honerva's portal definitely hadn't promised fun, but what was this place? Something told me humans - or any being for that matter - shouldn't be here.

"Does anyone have eyes on Honerva?" Shiro asked, the tiredness coming through in his voice. My eyes widened as a brightly lit shape illuminated the darkness around us. It almost resembled a tree, the trunk branching like tributaries in a river, getting thinner and thinner until they reached us.

"What is this place?" Lance's voice reminded me that this battle was different. There was one more thing to fight for now. Arguably one of the most important things.

"I- I don't know," Allura said.

"This is the beginning." Honerva's voice startled all of us. "And the end." Then there she was, hurtling towards us with her sword brandished.

***

"Can you feel that?" Allura cried, as one of Honerva's blasts decimated one of the nearest glowing strands. "These are-"

"The only remaining realities in existence," I exclaimed, horror lacing my voice. "This place is the source of time, of space, of-"

"-Everything," Lotor said in wonder.

We watched as Honerva dove towards the centre of the realities.

"No!" Lance yelled. "We have to stop her!"

This was bad. Lotor's technology was very advanced and combined with Honerva's mecha, defeating her was proving close to impossible. One after another, we had to watch strand after strand of realities be destroyed and could do nothing to stop it.

"She's destroyed everything. There's only one reality left." Lotor said quietly.

"If Honerva destroys this final strand, all of existence will end with it!" Allura's voice sounded desperate.

"Then we have to do something." Lance cried. "Let's go!"

Honerva was flying towards the final strand, but she didn't make it there. The Vatlas intercepted her, and both of us shot into the glowing centre. The ship took some hits, but as long as that last strand of reality was safe, it didn't matter. The centre grew nearer and nearer, and then everything went white.

LOTOR POV

Everything was white. There was nothing here except for my mother and my team.

"Where are we?" She called.

"How would we know?" I answered, my voice cold and unfeeling. Never mind that she was my mother. She had just ended the lives of trillions.

"I'm guessing the birthplace of all realities," Pidge said, examining her surroundings. "I suppose..." She started muttering calculations and sentences that none of the team could understand. Lance tucked her into his side.

"You think you're safe here?" Honerva directed this at me. "Soon all will cease to exist." She stared at me, and I stared back. "You're my son," She croaked eventually. "A mother should believe their son is perfect, but..." Her eyes narrowed.

"You need to stop this," said Hunk. "These realities deserve to live."

"There is war, and pain, and hate everywhere. These realities are flawed," said Honerva. "Everyone in them is flawed." She looked at me.

"There is beauty in their flaws." Allura glanced at me before addressing my mother. "This war took everything from me." Nausea rose in me as I thought about what Allura had to go through. "My mother, my father, my kingdom. But I came out with a new family, stronger than I ever could have imagined."