010.

JEONGGUK WAS WALKING HOME FROM SCHOOL, the events that happened earlier today still dancing around in his head. He just couldn't believe that his friends thought he was the one who abandoned them. He would never do that, but obviously they would.

His car was at the auto repair shop getting fixed so he had to walk home for the rest of the week because his mother was at work so she couldn't pick him up and his sister was only eleven. She was right beside him, a flower in her hair and a lollipop in her mouth. He let himself smile down at her before wrapping an arm around her shoulders and bringing her closer to him.

"How was school today?" He asked as they headed home. Their house was miles away.

"It was okay, I guess." She shrugged, glancing up at him. "I was just happy to get out of there, everyone at my school is annoying."

He chuckled, shaking his head. "You should try making friends, you know." Jeongguk replied, grinning.

"Why should I when not one of them likes the same things I do? I like reading and drawing, they're obsessed with makeup and boys." She rolls her eyes, making a gagging sound. "Like what is the rush to grow up? You're eleven, you have plenty of time."

That made Jeongguk laugh because for a young girl, she was extremely wise for her age. "You're right about that, Rosie."

Every year for Christmas he would buy her a new book that she has been gushing about. She would do the same, although she had to ask their mom for the money. It was kind of a tradition between the two and it always made them both extremely happy to share it.

"Soooo..." Rosie started before adding, "Where's that boy you're always hanging around? He's cute and just your type, not that I've noticed." She giggled.

Jeongguk went red almost instantly, glancing down at her before clearing his throat to gain some composure. "What're you talking about, Rosie? W-We're just f-friends." He cursed at himself for stuttering.

"Liar! You always stutter when you're lying." She said, smiling wide.

"I do not!"

"Yes you do!"

"Stop, it's not true!"

"What's not true?" A voice sounded from behind them.

Jeongguk knew who it was just by how deep and velvety the voice was. He started blushing harder than before as Taehyung came up beside the two.

"N-Nothing." He quickly replied, biting his lip.

"Oh, it was really nothing." Rosie said, smiling wide. "We were just talking about how Jeongguk has a huge crush-" A hand covered her mouth before she could even finish the sentence.

"Oooh! You have a crush on someone? Who is it?" Taehyung smiled wide, looking down at the boy beside him.

"It's no one because I don't have a crush on anyone." Jeongguk replied, suddenly feeling ganged up on.

The older hooked his arm with Jeongguk's, grabbing a daisy from the ground and smiling as he put it behind the boys ear. "You're so pretty, flower boy." He told the younger, chuckling when he saw Jeongguk's face grow red once again.

"I am not."

"You are."

"Shush!" He said.

"Do I make you nervous?" Taehyung asked, smirking now.

"O-Of course not!" Jeongguk stuttered, looking down at his feet.

"You totally do!" Rosie said from beside them, giggling loudly.

Taehyung chuckled, his smile growing wider as he rubbed his thumb against Jeongguk's bare skin on his arm.

The boy glared at his little sister for ratting him out, mouthing whose side are you on while she just shrugged with a shit eating grin plastered on her face.

"It's okay if I do, you know. You kind of make me nervous, too." Taehyung said suddenly, biting his lip. Jeongguk's eyes went wide as he turned his gaze to the older.

"I make you nervous? How?" He asked, confused.

"You're extremely smart and beautiful. You intimidate me." Taehyung replied.

"Are you messing with me right now?"

"I would never mess with you about something like this." He said softly, meeting the youngers gaze.

"Well if you two lovebirds are done we have arrived at our house." Rosie cut in before running up the driveway and to the front porch, sitting on the steps.

The two watched as she sat down, picking a few flowers that were sitting in front of the steps with a smile on her lips. "She's a kindred spirit." Taehyung said from beside Jeongguk before looking down at the younger with a smile, "I see where she gets it from."

Jeongguk glanced up at the older, trying to hide the grin that formed on his lips. "She really is something, huh?"

"So are you." Taehyung replied, tucking a strand of hair behind Jeongguk's ear. "You're a wonderful human. So kind, so beautiful."

The younger looked down at his feet, biting his lip softly. "I'm really not, Tae."

Taehyung placed his finger under Jeongguk's chin before lifting it up so he could see his eyes. "You have no idea how truly fascinating you are, Gguk. Don't sell yourself short, okay? I see you for who you really are. You can't hide from me."

The older pressed a soft kiss to Jeongguk's forehead, a soft smile forming on his lips. "I better get home. I'll see you tomorrow."

He started walking down the street, the younger watching after him; and as he disappeared from his view, Jeongguk wished that he had the nerve to tell him what he was feeling towards Taehyung. But he never would. He just wasn't that brave, no matter how much he wished he was.

•••

Taekook really be pulling at my heartstrings )):

I'm sorry this chapter is so short, but I'll be sure to update soon!

Leave me some feedback please. Vote, comment, tell me what you think <3