8- Parents and Truths .

Adrianna Dale

A D R I A N N A

As we were all cleaning the house I came across a book on the bookcase. I put down the towel and spray on the counter then picked it up and sat down.

I flipped through pages then stopped at a page of mama holding me and Yosohn on our first day out the womb. But Taylor didn't have a picture, which made me think.

"What you looking at?" Taylor said and I looked up and closed the book.

"Oh nothing, just looking around" I said and she nodded then walked upstairs.

1 hour later

"Yosohn and Taylor! Leggo" My dad shouted and they walked down the stairs.

"Where y'all going?" I asked them.

"The store" Taylor mumbled then closed the door.

"Oh shit, I forgot my phone" She said then ran back upstairs.

I sighed then sat down and stared at the wall. I heard footsteps approaching making me turn around.

"Mama.." I said.

"Hmm?" She said then sat down on the other couch.

"Did you give birth to Taylor?" I said and her eyes widened.

"Why would you ask me something like that?" She said and I looked down at my nails.

"Did you mama? Because her last name is King, we're Dale's... are you her real mom?" I said and she sighed.

"No" She said and I tucked in my lips.

"But I treat her like my own, I love her like she's my own. I raised her basically her whole life, what is you investigating for?" She said and I shrugged.

"I was just curious" I mumbled and she scrunched her face up then got up from the couch and went to her room.

"Wow..." Taylor said and I turned around in fear.

"Came back for my phone, you must've forgot" She said with sorry in her voice as she walked towards the door.

"Taylor.." I said but she shook her head walking out the door.

T A Y L O R

I got in the Bentley and stared out the window as Yosohn and... Ace spoke.

"What's wrong with you Tay?" Yosohn said and I looked at him.

"I don't have... parents" I said and Ace stopped the car.

"Who told you that shit?" He said and I looked down.

"Nobody, I just overheard" I mumbled.

"Taylor, You can't let this change nothing, Me and Ari been guiding you, watching you grow, and all that shit when you was in diapers. We love yo ass to death, and for years I forgot you weren't mine by blood. But you still counted as my own, i'm sorry we ain't tell you sooner" He said and I wiped my tear.

"It's okay, I understand" I said and Yosohn bit his bottom lip not knowing what to say.

"Where are my real parents?" I asked.

"They passed away, 15 years ago" He said and I sighed.

5 hours later

"Jeremiah I feel so empty" I said as I sat down in the passenger seat of his car.

"It's gone be straight, don't let that shit change who you are as a person" He said then hit his blunt.

"I guess" I mumbled then looked out the window.

He turned the music up a lul bit then put out his blunt out and looked at me.

"Baby, you wanna go get something to eat?" He asked me and I smiled on the low.

"You already know my fatass hungry" I said and he laughed then sat up and started driving.

"Pull into this Mcdonald's right hea" I said and he did what I told him.

"What you want to eat?" He asked me and I unbuckled my seatbelt and crawled over to his window and ordered.

"Can I get a McChicken, Medium Fry, and a Sprite" I said and she put it in and told us the price.

"You did not have to do all of that" He said and I shrugged.

"It makes more sense, instead of telling you my order to tell to the person, I could just do it like that" I said then snapped my fingers.

He just shook his head and drove up to the next window.

"Hey brotherr!" Some girl said when he got to the window.

"Angel Ian yo damn brother. Go flip my damn patty" He said and I laughed.

"Alright then bitch, witcho ugly ass" She said catching me off guard.

"Who you calling a bitch? Hoe I'll drag you up and down this street. Put some respect on our name" I said and she mugged me and handed Jeremiah his change.

I got my food then he drove back to my house and parked on the curb.

"Why Ice even date that bitch" I mumbled.

"They dated for like a year, They was the power couple till Angel cheated on him with our ex homie Leon. He had trust issues ever since, this why he don't fuck with nobody" He said and I just shook my head while eating my burger.

vote

comment

share

💙

y'all i'm so sorry for not updating! a bitch got school now, a lipgloss line, and I gotta babysit! Ima get back on my shit!