Survey Corps

"Oh my gosh, Ellen!" Sasha threw her arms around me and hugged me tightly. "You were so awesome in the field just now. You fought with the Lance Corporal! A member of the Survey Corps! You even defeated him! What's more is that he's humanities' strongest!" She fawned over me.

"O-kay?" I pushed her off of me and looked at her in a weird way.

"Stop bothering her, Sasha." Connie came to us and as usual, he has multiple potatoes in his arms.

"Connie, where did you get those?" I asked him.

"Oh?" He looked down at them. "Uh, its now what you think. Commander Keith said that I should share these potatoes with all of you guys. There might not be enough though."

"Oh. The others should be in the mess hall. Its time for dinner anyway." I placed both Sasha's hands to herself and walked towards the mess hall. "You guys coming?"

"Yeah!" Both of them said in unison.

----------

"How did you even get to be that flexible?" Armin asked me as he sipped from his cup, looking at me.

"It's just something I usually like doing at home alone in my room every morning. I guess after with so many practises I did when I was still young, I got used to it." I shrugged and scooped a spoonfull of soup from my bowl and lifted it to my mouth.

"It's kind of creepy though, having a flexible body and all that." Mikasa said and ate the last piece of the potato that Connie had distributed earlier. Actually, there was enough potatoes to give for everyone.

"Yeah. My mom once came to my room and I was practising. She kind of creeped out when I got my head under my arm." I chuckled at the memory of it, but I felt a pang of sadness just thinking about my mom. Armin and Mikasa must've noticed it as they started comforting me in any ways possible.

When dinner was over, I headed out the building alone and sat on a nearby bench that was placed just outside the main door. Gazing up at the night sky, I looked at all the blinking stars and the glowing moon in the middle.

I tugged at the elastic that kept my hair up and took it off, letting my hair flop down to my shoulders. Examining at the elastic, I felt the soft fiber and stretched it a little with thumb and index finger. It was what my mom made for me after my hair had gotten long and I requested to tie it like hers.

Tears started to form on my eyes but I blinked them away. Gazing back up at the sky, I watched as a shootng star crossed the sky. I felt my eyes droop and without going back in, I slept outside not caring whether it was cold out.

----------

"Ellen! Mikasa!" Mom shouted as she reached out a hand to the both of us. Hannes had taken us away for the sake of Mom's request. Both me and Mikasa watched in horror as Mom was grabbed by the smiling titan that had been eyeing her for a while.

"No!! Mom!!" I cried out as she was slowly brought to the titan's mouth. But time slowed every moment as I watched her turn towards me. She mouthed out something and smiled sadly as tears fell out of her eyes. Then, everything went back to a horrific normality and the titan had finally bit her into two.

"Mom!" I sat up, breathing heavily as I remembered the nightmare I had a moment ago. Once I clamed down, I fell back onto my bed and covered myself away from the sunlight.

'Wait, bed?' I sat back up again and looked at my blanket like it wasn't mine. But I was in my bed. 'Someone must've carried me over here when I was asleep.' I thought as I got off. As usual, my roomates were already gone and I was the only left in the room.

When I was halfway through wearing the harness, I heard a knock and Mikasa came in.

"Oh, you're already awake." She sounded surprised, expecting me to be still asleep at this minute.

"Let me just get up one day on my own, at least." I said, not taking my eyes off the harness. Finally, for the first time, I got everything correctly worn.

"Wow. You finally got it." She clapped.

"Thanks."

---------

As Keith handed each on of us a Three Dimensional Maneuver Gear, he instructed us to put it on.

Today's training will be slicing off a dummy titan's nape and how we'll move around with our gear. Keith will also inspect us along the way.

Once he gave us a signal to go, we ran towards the forest and hooked ourselves to individual branches as we moved along the way. Spotting an oncoming titan, I sheathed each a blade from both my scabbards and flew up higher. When I was nearly on top of it, I spun downwards and made a deep cut from its fake nape.

Making my way towards the next titan, I saw a glimpse of the three same people yesterday from Survey Corps watching my every move.

Turning away from them, I sliced off the next titan's nape with the same deep cut and zipped away from them. 'Are they gonna be here everyday?'

---------

"They're here again." I huffed out as I landed beside Armin and Mikasa.

"Well, there are alot of inspectors lately." Armin replied.

I nodded and looked at the other trainees that were emerging out from the forest. "And testing us out too." I said after sometime.

"Yeah." Both of them said in unison.

Keith called all of us in the distance and we all jogged up towards him. Squad Leader Hanji, Lance Corporal Levi and Eren were also with him.

"As so you know, you'll only have a few more months before your Graduation. So do all your best, brats, because from now on, I'll be inspecting more of your trainings and only ten of you will be ranked the highest." He went on talking about the branches we could go to and all that when I noticed that Eren was eyeing me suspiciously.

I raised an eyebrow at him and he looked away when he knew that he was looking at me.

'Weird.'