Conversation

"...shitty glasses. If I said no, it means no. Can you not understand?"

"But Levi-"

"Hanji, please. She's already been through a lot and it's just her first week here."

"Yes, I know, but-"

"No more buts, Hanji."

I groaned and woke up from the three superior's argument. They haven't noticed that I was awake so, I stayed silent and continued 'eavesdropping'.

"C'mon guys!" Hanji waved her arms in the air frantically. "I just need to test this experiment on her and then she can-"

"Oh my God, Hanji." Eren sighed frustratingly. "Please. Let her rest until she's fully cured. Then you can do whatever necessary experiments to her."

Levi stayed silent and watched the two quarrel about my condition. His annoyed expression was shown on his face all the time as he sat down on a stool which was beside my bed. He still hadn't noticed that I was awake.

"Eren, please, I-"

"Hanji! That's enough!" Levi commanded in a booming voice. "Ellen will rest until she's cured and that's final."

She looked away, defeated, and answered for the last time before leaving my room. "Fine."

After the door had shut, both men sighed and Eren collapsed onto the ground, somehow exhausted of the fight.

"A titan shifter and healer. Weird combinations but useful." The teal-eyed guy lowly chuckled at his comment. Levi just grunted in response.

"At least she's not shitty like those military pigs," Levi remarked. "Useless."

"Levi, really?" Eren looked up at him, somehow amused. "Do you have to insult every single cadet until they die?"

"Tch,"

I watched as the both of them sent glares at each other which made me uncomfortable. But I guess, silence can always be ended stupidly.

Because my stomach grumbled.

Eren and Levi turned to look at me clutching my stomach. I bowed my head down, embarassed.

"I-I'm sorry," I said in a low tone. "I guess I'm.. hungry?" I chuckled patheticaly.

Eren laughed at my response but Levi kept silent. "You could've just told us." He stood up from the floor and dusted himself off. "I'm bringing your food. Meanwhile, Levi will keep you company." He smirked before heading out my room.

I loked up at Levi to see him staring back at me. He sighed, either annoyed by me or Eren. But what I wasn't expecting was a conversation with him.

"So, your surname's Mortem." I nodded.

"It's my mother's maiden name actually. Ever since she died years ago, I've changed my surname to Mortem." I explained.

"Hm," Levi crossed his arms and leaned back on the wall behind him. "From that incident on Shiganshina?" He asked and I nodded again.

Silence lingered for awhile until he asked another question. "Where's your father though?"

"I don't really know," I shrugged. "He just kind of.. disappeared and I never get to see him again."

"Is that before he injected you the vaccine?"

I sighed. "I guess so."

Eren came back, nudging the door with his hip to let himself in. "So, what happened?" He grinned as he placed the tray he's holding on the desk beside me.

"Nothing." I said.

"Wait, what are your parents' names?" Levi asked for the final time.

"It's.." I started..