Battle of Trost

Armin's POV

"Ellen..?" I said softly as the both of us just stared at each other. Suddenly, seeming to understand, she nodded her head and roared again. After that, she left to fight more titans that had spotted her.

'Ellen is a titan..' Watching her from the distance as she flexibly killed titan after titan, I saw a glimpse of a big boulder in between two houses. Then an idea struck me.

Hopping from roof to roof along with my gears, I quickly looked for the other groups to inform them about Ellen. When I saw all of them in one roof, I landed beside Connie with a thud.

"Armin! You're here! Where are the rest of your group?" He asked as I passed him, walking towards the middle.

Looking back at him with sorrowful eyes, he got the message and didn't ask for more. The rest of the soldiers must've noticed it though as they bowed their heads with the looks of pity on their faces.

"Everyone!" I shouted at all of them, getting their attention. "Now's not the time to think about or comrades' deaths." Mikasa soon came and joined the others, listening to what I was going to say. "Ellen isn't dead but she had a near one." I looked at Mikasa, my lips formed a thin line, not sure whether I should explain what had happened.

But I did. "She was swallowed up by a titan, her right leg and left arm eaten. But a little while later, a hand shot up from the titan's mouth and a fourteen meter titan emerged from its back. But it isn't just any kind of titan as it had the features of a female." I gulped. "It's Ellen herself. She somehow transformed into one."

Some gasped while the others stared at me in disbelief.

"Armin!" Mikasa came up to me and shook both my shoulders. "What are you saying?"

"It's true, Mikasa." I told her.

As if I needed proof to show her that it's real, Ellen, or rather her titan, came up towards us.

"This is Ellen. She isn't a threat like the ordinary titans. She can understand me." I waved my right arm at her and she bobbed her head once.

"Are you sure, Armin? That can't be Ellen!" Jean came up beside me, still not buying all of this.

"Look at her. She has the same eye color and length of hair. " I gestured towards her. "You should've seen her fighting the other titans. She has the same skills as Ellen. Flexibilty."

"So," Connie turned to look at me. "what's the plan?"

"Before that, do you guys trust her?" I asked all of them. All of them deep in thoughts, looking a bit doubtful.

Then Mikasa spoke. "We can't stay here forever. Hurry up and decide!"

"I trust her!" Sasha yelled from the back. "Titan or not, she's also a human!"

One by one, all of them agreed with Sasha. "Okay, we're going to seal up the hole from the gate. Ellen will then carry the boulder towards the gate and we'll scatter around, protecting her at all costs." Feeling confident for the first time today, I raised my sword and shouted, "For humanity!"

The whole squad did the same repeated after me. "For humanity!"

Heading towards the gate, the soldiers all the dispersed to a near distance from Ellen, looking out for any on coming titan.

Ellen ran up to where the boulder was while me and Mikasa trailed behind her. Once we were there, she tried carrying the boulder but it wouldn't budge.

"Ellen! Try harder!" Mikasa cheered her on.

Ellen placed her titan arms securely around the boulder and tried once more. This time, it budged, then was slowly lifted off the ground until it was carried on top of her shoulders.

Roaring, she turned and walked towards the gate. The nearby soldiers were watching her with awe, they continued fighting off titans that were coming for her.

'So titans are being lured to her..' I thought as I watched Jean and Connie slice up two titan's napes.

I noticed along the way, soldiers from the Garrison were watching us from the distance. Some of them had horrified but amazed expressions on their faces. The others were just observing the whole scene in front of them.

"She's near the gate!" Christa yelled. We all held our breathes as she took three more steps to get to the gate. Four titans were about to head in but it was too late as Ellen has successfully sealed up the gate with the boulder.

Everyone cheered but suddenly, Ellen screamed in a high-pitched tone. We covered our ears but it wasn't enough to block out her scream. It was starting to make us deaf for a moment but thankfully, it died down in a matter of seconds and her titan collapsed to the ground.

Smoke started pouring out of the titan's flesh while me and Mikasa headed towards the top of her nape. Slicing it open, Ellen's body emerged out but some of the titan's flesh still clung onto her.

We pulled her out with great force until the last flesh was off of her. Landing on the ground, we lay her down as she was breathing heavily.

Then, two man came, using their gears, and landed on top of the dissolving titan. It was Lance Corporal Levi and Eren of the Survey Corps.

"What's going on here, brats?"