Chapter 37: Hot Choco

James POV:

Belle was standing beside the hospital bed where Eleanor was lying,looking at me flintily. I sat beside the bed and I gently place my hands on Eleanor's,feeling her warmth despite of the wintry feeling and was like being chilled by an aircon. I slowly make a tight grip,putting my fingers between hers. As I hold her hand, I can't tame myself from recalling all the past memories. Both sad and happy memories that we used to share. Til a single tear stream down my face. It really means a lot. The moment that we used to sing aloud on my condo unit like nobody would like to care. Like we're dancing all along like it's the best day of our lives. The moment that I moved my couch place beside my speaker so that we could dance freely. Back to past years when we're still young(Yep,we're childhood bestfriend. That's why my feelings for her grew stronger.) when our parents decided to move like we'd never see each other again. Like our worlds would collide. But here we are again, here I am again, holding her hand like I never did before. Before, I used to said to myself that "Please don't get attach". But here I am,closer than being attach by a girl who captured my heart. Back to the time that we're drinking a cup of chocolate while watching as the sun sets. It was one of the most interesting part of my life. Being with her was always be. Then a memory came drifting on my mind,echoing in every corners of it. "I'll stick to that promise babe". It suddenly kills me. It really hurts me to leave her. To see her like this. It was slowly killing me. Tormenting and tearing my heart into two broken pieces that only she,can mend. I really don't know what to do right now. My thoughts were struggling inside my head.

How could this happen.to her? If I were in front of her recently, I could've saved her from the accident. If only time could just turn back.

I bow my head,placing my forehead on her hand,my hand was still on her. Never leaving its warmth. My other hand was on my lap,closing my fist.

I take a look at her again. I release my hands on her and began touching her cheeks,feeling its softness. She's so innocent,gorgeous,and vulnerable. It's like I want to stay with her and won't leave. I'd like to be the first person that she'd see by the time she wakes up and open her eyes. I can hear the creaking of the door like someone was obviously entering the room. I glance at Belle and she gives me a gesture like someone's behind me.

"Umm.." a lady behind me clears her throat. I turn around and saw her standing with a gentle smile painted on her face. She wear white jacket,hair knotted into a bun, a light make up and a glasses causes her to look smart and she was holding her hospital documents on her right hand.

"I'm Miss McIntyre's doctor,Natalie Cox." she said and her smile never fading. I did the same as I stand up from my seat giving her a hand.

"James Hermsworth." I said.

"Boyfriend?" she ask raising her eyebrow, her cheeks were blushing.

"Soon to be" I answered confidently. Belle was giving me a "in your dreams" stare while she was chuckling.

"Belle Perrie." Belle finally speak, waving her hand shyly.

"Just a friend" she adds.

Ms.Cox was just smiling at us. Giving her cheeky grin, she said..

"nice to meet both of you. Well,I just want you to know that Ms.McIntyre,your friend," She said looking at her papers.

" was not still in a good condition because of the accident. It truly damages her hips and it's an internal wound but not a severe one fortunately" she said rolling her eyes..

"But she was still unconscious and we've got to do some operation. We've got to stitch her wounds,but it won't twinge her. I promise. And it will be later." she said giving me a grin.