Chapter 38: Having a sleep

11th of September ...

Belle's POV:

I'm so glad that she's finally awake. But she still look so pale and maybe or have to rest. Shred really needs to. It will surely take a lot of time for her to recover. I am making my way to her room right now. I bought some pancakes and several cups of hot choco for our breakfast. When I pass by a nurse station,I saw James talking to one of the nurses there. He was chuckling and the blonde haired nurse who I guess was in mid-20's or something was just staring at him,a smile never leaving her face. I walk towards them to know what's going on. He's suppose to take care of Eleanor. Is he flirting with this nurse? My subconscious mind speaks as I stop behind James. I'm not getting jealous or envy or what,but I can sense that I am. I don't know but this is wrong and so odd.

"Uhmm.." I cleared my throat as I finger comb my strayed hair and put it behind my ear.

"James" I said as I poke at his shoulders and his chuckles begins to fade as he faces me.

"What are you doing here?" I ask as my eyes look around til I met his'.

"I'm paying bills. Later night she'll be home." he said confidently forming a cheeky grin on his face. His hands on his jeans' pockets.

"really?" I said,being shocked of what I've heard from him.

"Yeah." he answered.

"Thank God." I mumble. "You leave her alone in her room?" I ask,my eyebrows arch.

"Nope. Mike was there. As well as her mum. " he answered.

" That's good to hear. " I said.

"well,come on then." I say and before he leaves the counter,he signed some paper first and pay the bills.

We walk together not even saying a thing. I take a deep breath first and say a word.

"What are you planning?" I manage to break the silence as we enter the elevator.

"About what?" he ask like he don't know. But I can see that he already knew what I mean.

"About your flight this 15. Have you forgotten?" I speak softly.

"It's four days left right?" I ask again. He was thinking of an answer as he digest my words and gulp.

"I'm planning to have some fun with her for the rest of my stay here."

Silence...

"like going to beach or something fun that she wouldn't even notice that I'm leaving her. That I'm leaving all of you." he speak seriously.

" Well. "I answered.

"Goodluck then."

"But don't worry about her. I'll take good care of my friend. I'll do it for you." I add.

"You better do." he breaks the seriousness between our conversation.

"I'll pay for that" he mocks.

"I'm not a nanny James. I'm her friend... That's my obligation though." I defended and we both chuckle.

"When will you come back then?" I speak clearly and his laughter comes to fade. Including the smile on my face.

"That? I really don't know." he said seriously in a monotone voice.

"Promise me Belle. You'll alwys take good care of her. You'll always be her friend no matter what. That you'll never leave her like I would." he said as he press his hands on my shoulder making me to face him.