Chapter 4

"Its true," Lauren sobbed. "We just want this relationship to be a secret,"

Chloe was shocked. How could her very own friend do this to her?That's a secret she knows how to keep, Chloe thought, that's weird. But on second thoughts, she kept secrets to Lauren too about the 'cooldude1905' thing. 

Lauren felt better after Chloe convinced her. She was lucky she had an understanding friend like Chloe. She wiped her tears with her hands and smiled at Chloe. She nodded to show that's she's alright. They headed for their locker. Suddenly, someone called their names from behind.

"Lauren! Chloe! Miss me?" said a guy while smiling sheepishly.

They turned around and saw their bestfriend, Max. He's three years older than them.

"Max! How's your trip? I've missed you," Lauren and Chloe ran to him.

Nine months ago, Max volunteered to be an exchange student to overseas. For nine months he had to stay there.

"Pretty cool," Max nodded. Actually, he hated staying overseas.

They continued to walk toward their locker. Max's locker was a bit far from their's so he gave them a smile and walked off.

"What's your first period?" Lauren asked, reaching for her text book in her locker.

"Geography," Chloe said, putting her Geography book in her bag.

Minutes after that, the bell rang. Chloe gave a wave to Lauren and headed for class. She entered the class and found out that her table was squirted with mustard. It was all over her desk. Chloe ran to her desk. A panic reaction came on her countenance.

"Who's responsible for this?" Chloe shouted, her voice intimidating. One minute everyone's talking to eachother, the next it was silent like a graveyard.

A girl named Heather stood up and dropped an empty bottle of mustard right in front of Chloe. Heather gave her a cynical smile and crossed her arms.

"What the? How could you do this to me?" Chloe yelled in outrage.

Heather smiled, satisfied with her work. She opened her sling back and fished for something. She took out a packet of tissues and tossed it on Chloe's table.

"You really need that," she said and walked off to sit at her desk, hitting Chloe's shoulder.

Chloe grumbled under her breath. She ran after Heather and punched her left arm. Heather let out a high-pitched scream and turned around to face Chloe. She rubbed her arm to decrease the pain.

"What was that for?" Heather asked in anger.

"What was that for?" Chloe pointed at the mess on her desk, still not satisfied with her.

"Don't pretend that you know nothing," Heather scowled at her.

"I don't know anything!" Chloe swore.

"Then, what's this suppose to mean?" Heather handed out a small piece of note. The words on the note caught Chloe's eyes. It was written in caligraphy.

Chloe snatched the note and read the contents of it.

You shine like the stars,

Brighter than the moon;

There's something you should know,

And you will find out soon.

For you, Chloe Hilton.

Chloe stared at the note in her hands. What is this?, she thought.

"Who gave this? And where did you get this?" Chloe wanted to know.

"Drake, Drake Martinez. I found it under your desk," Heather explained, still angry with her.

"What? But why?" Chloe still had a lot of questions to ask.

"Because he likes you!" Heather yelled. "I liked him first and suddenly you became his idol girl. You're such a stealer,"

Everyone in the class watched them yelling at one another. They were oblivious that the teacher, Mrs. Hudgens had entered the classroom.

"Both of you," Mrs Hudgens pointed at them. "Detention!"