Chapter 10

The sound of Taylor Swift's latest song came from Chloe's cellphone. She glanced at the screen. Max.

"Hey Max," Chloe answered in a cheerful voice.

"Can I --" Max stammered. "-- can I take you out?"

Chloe widened her eyes. I can't believe it, she thought. Max?

"Hmm, OK!" she agreed. She crossed her arms then sat on the couch.

Max jumped up and down while he said 'Yes!' quietly. "Perfect! How's Friday?" he suggested.

She went to check the calendar on the wall. No plans. "Friday's OK," she announced.

"I'll pick you up at eight," he told. "See you there," he turned off he's phone.

Chloe starred at her phone. Was that Max?

She tossed her phone on her desk and reached for her room's door knob. Then she froze. I forgot. I'm grounded. She sat on her bed, gazing outside her window. Then she squinted at the figure approaching her house. She went closer to the window. It was a guy. He was wearing binoculars -- probably spying on Chloe. When he realized that Chloe noticed  him, he ducked behind the bushes.

"Who's that?" she stood on the tips of her toes to see behind the bushes. But it was impossible. So she just closed the curtains. She took a bath and changed into her newest top that she bought from Forever 21 and a pair of jeans. She walked out of her room and approached her Mom. She saw her putting on makeup.

"Why're you putting on makeup? Where are you going?" Chloe asked curiously.

"I'm going to the mall. You following?" she offered, applying soft colored lipstick.

"I thought I was grounded," Chloe reminded her while she crossed her arms.

"Eventhough you're grounded, you can still go to the mall with me," Mrs. Hilton allowed. She grabbed a Maybeline mascara.

Great! I was just planning to go out!, Chloe smiled broadly. She ran upstairs to her room. She took her purse and opened it. She counted the money and smiled. It was just enough money to buy a new outfit -- she had to dress well when going out with Max. She put the purse in her sling bag and went downstairs.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

"You can go shopping wherever you like. Just give me a call when you're finish," Mrs. Hilton told her. "I'll be at Starbucks,"

Chloe nodded. She went up the escalator and headed to one of her favorite department stores, M&Co. She purchased an animal printed top with a pair of dark colored skinny jeans.She thought about her hang out with Max. Will Lauren join in? She decided to call Lauren but probably Max already did invite her. She shrugged and continued to shop.

She walked toward Starbucks and met her Mom there. "That's all you bought?" Mrs. Hilton pointed at the bags Chloe was holding. Chloe just nodded and joined her at the table. She ordered an Iced Skinny Mocha. While waiting for her order, she chatted with Mrs. Hilton.

Finally, her order arrived. She enjoyed her drink and paid the bill. After that, they went window shopping. About 30 minutes later, they went home. Chloe went upstairs to her room and tried on her outfit. It suited her perfectly. She hanged them in her closet. She took a quick glance at the clothes before closing the closet.

The next day at school, Chloe sat alone at the cafeteria. Lauren hadn't turn up yet. Probably still in class. Suddenly, she felt a tap on her shoulder.

"Not inviting me to sit?" the guy said, standing behind Chloe.

"Max!" Chloe startled. She punched lightly at his arm. He just laughed out loud. He sat infront of her.

There was awkward silence.

A moment later, Max started the conversation. "So..."

"Yeah?" Chloe said, her hands sweaty. She didn't know why.

"Have you, you know, confirmed about the date?" he wanted to know.

Chloe raised an eyebrow. "What date?" she had no idea.

"I -- I mean hang out," he corrected his words. He kind of blushed a little.

"Oh, yeah," Chloe nodded while she sipped on her juice. She grabbed a box of french fries and offered him some. "Want some?"

Max shook his head. "I kind of ate a lot just now," he rubbed his tummy. Chloe just giggled and help herself with the fries.

"So, where are you taking me on Friday?" she asked curiously, shoving a french fry in her mouth.

"You'll know soon," he smiled.

"Why?"

"Secret," he winked. The curious look on Chloe's face made him laughed a little. It was so funny. "Stop with that face. You look weird,"

Chloe raised an eyebrow. She shrugged and drank her juice. She put aside the empty box of french fries. Max gazed at the box then back at her. "You ate all that?"

She nodded and giggled. "Why? Can't a girl eat a lot?' she smirked.

Max just laughed and finished his drink. They chatted about stuff, laughed at some jokes. Drake who was sitting at the A-list table was starring at them, full of jealousy.