Chapter 5

Detention was a hard time for Chloe. Heather acted calm like nothing happened. She's always on detentions so its like an everyday routine to her. Throughout the session, Chloe kept on glancing at Heather. She still wasn't satisfied with Heather.  Detention took long enough until it was recess.

Chloe went out of the detention room and headed for the cafeteria. When she was about to enter the cafeteria, Heather grabbed her arm.

"Chloe, get out of my sight," she warned and walked off, leaving clueless Chloe behind.

Chloe just raised her eyebrows and continued to walk toward the cafeteria. She grabbed her lunch and searched for her two best friends. She saw Lauren and Max sitting at the table at the far end of the cafeteria while Heather sat at the table right in the middle of the cafeteria. She's just the school's popular wannababe. Of course her friends and her sat at the special table.

Chloe headed for her friend's table. She placed her tray of lunch on the table furiously and sat on the bench. She unfold the hamburger wrapper and took a bite.

"Heard you got detention," Lauren started the conversation after a long awkward silence.

"Yeah," Chloe answered, she didn't have the mood to talk.

"Cheer up. Its just detention," Max tried to convince her. His arm wrapped around her shoulder.

Chloe nodded and her eyes still focused on her hamburger. Actually, she was just thinking about the incident in Geography class just now. Why me?, she thought, And why Drake?.

Someone's cellphone rang. Lauren fished for her cellphone in her pocket. She took it out and glanced at the screen to see who was calling. She stood up and said to them, "Excuse me for a second," and went out of the cafeteria.

Max, arms still wrapped around Chloe's shoulder, looked at her. He hated seeing Chloe frown and moody. She's pretty when she smiles but is the exact opposite when she's frowning. He stared at Chloe who was still looking down at her food.

"Tell me what happened," Max concerned while thinking of a way to cheer her up.

Chloe pushed Max's arm which is on her shoulder and shook her head. She didn't want to talk about anything at that moment.

"OK. If you're not gonna talk, then I'll just wait for you to," he gave in. He stood up and walked outside the cafeteria.

Chloe gave a quick glance at Max who was heading for the entrance. She turned back to face her food and finished it. Being moody really made her feel hungry. She tossed the hamburger wrapper in the air, lazy to throw it in the bin. The wrapper accidently hit Drake's head. He smiled when he noticed that Chloe was the one who throwed it. He went toward Chloe and took a seat beside Chloe.

"Next time I should be more careful around you," he showed the wrapper which hit his head just now.

Chloe looked at the wrapper and snatched it. She crumpled it and gave it back to him.

"Throw that," she said, sipping on her juice.

"Uh oh, someone's moody here," he teased, laughing at his own joke.

"Very funny, Drake," she said sarcastically and fished for a piece of note in her bag. She took it out and handed it to him.

"Here's your note. Don't think of sending me more," Chloe warned and walked off the classroom.

Drake stared at the note. He raised his eyebrows. I didn't remember giving this to her, he thought. He folded the note and placed it in his pocket.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Chloe scampered toward her room. She shut the door and tossed her bag on her bed. She pulled the chair and sat on it, facing the computer. She turned it on and logged in her ChatZ. The guy who now seems annoying to Chloe was online. And as expected, he started the conversation.

cooldude1905  : Hey there, Chloe. Cheer up :D

chloehilton_25 : You should change your username. Its so lame!!!!

cooldude1905  : I only want you to change. You're so moody :(

chloehilton_25 : How'd you know?

cooldude1905  : Because I saw you just now. You know that I see you everyday! :D :D

chloehilton_25 ; Stop it with the smileys. Its freaking me out..

cooldude1905  : I just find it cute, like you.

Chloe felt awkward. She searched for an excuse to sign off. She just couldn't stand it with him. Her heart will beat loudly whenever she chats with him.

chloehilton_25 : Umm, I gotta go. Lots of homework.

Before he could reply, Chloe signed off. She turned off her computer and lay on her bed. She stared at the ceiling and thought about Drake. Could it be that he was the guy on ChatZ? There's a possibility. She grabbed her phone and called Lauren.

"Hello, sweetkins! Feeling better," answered Lauren. She seem to have a happy mood at that time.

"Yeah, I  guess," said Chloe. "I have something to ask you,"

"What is it, C?" she asked.

"You've been in a relationship with Drake, right?" Chloe asked nervously, bitting her lower lip.

"Tell me about it," Lauren rolled her eyes, slumping into her sofa.

"Does he, well, have a ChatZ account?" Chloe stammered.

"I don't know. Never asked," Lauren shrugged. "Why?"

"Nothing. Thanks for answering, though," Chloe clicked the 'end call' button.

Well that was no help, she said to herself.

She took out her iPod from her bag. She scrolled for a song which was suitable with her mood. She got out of her bed and started to dance to the song. She did a little lip-sync too. Then she began to imagine that she was in a music video.

Suddenly, her Mom came in. Feeling embarrassed, she greeted, "Hi Mom,"

Her Mom smiled and giggled. "What were you doing?"

"Nothing," said Chloe, red cheeks.

Her Mom raised her eyebrows. "Someone's at the door for you," Mrs. Hilton told her and left the room.

Chloe scampered toward the door and found out someone she knew was standing there.

"Hi!" said Max with a bouquet of flowers.