Chapter 14

~Chloe's P.O.V~

Lauren and I was on my way to the cafeteria. Lauren was listening to her MP3 while I read my favorite novel. Then I heard loud footsteps, It sounded fast, probably like running. Lauren didn't hear it because she was singing and the earbuds was stucked at her ears. After that, I heard someone panting behind us. I heard our name being called too. I folded the end of the page which I stopped reading temporarily and closed the book. I spun around and saw Max running toward me. He was panting and grinning at the same time -- which made him look pathetically weird. I thought it was something to do with the piece of paper in his hand. He was waving it to attract our attention toward it. When he finally approached me, I snatched the piece of paper from his hand and read the contents of it. Lauren noticed us and unplugged the earbuds. She stuffed the MP3 into her hoodie pocket. She joined me to read the paper.

After reading it, we widened our eyes in disbelief. Max just raised an eyebrow, looking at two pair of eyes which was widened and two jaws hung open. He smiled broadly and took the paper from us. He brushed his front hair. "I know, I know. No need to give any compliments. I'm already that good," he vained and laughed loudly.

We were both startled. He was chosen to do a hip hop concert? Was that really Max?

I went closer to him. I tilted my head to the right and looked at him really closely. Then I poked his forehead again and again. He pushed my finger which was poking him.

"Seriously, Chloe. What are you doing?" he asked, sounding annoyed. He folded his paper and placed it in his pocket.

"I'm just checking that you really are Max," I told him and took a step back. I glanced at Lauren who was still suprised. I elbowed her and giggled.

"Yeah, it is Max," I said to her.

After some time, finally she spoke. "So... hip hop?" she asked in disbelief.

"Believe me, I signed up for it. What's with you guys making those faces. You guys are like --" he made a suprised expression, "--and then you were like --" he pointed at me and poked me at the forehead, "-- Jeez, guys," he said.

"But, I thought you weren't into music?" Lauren reminded him.

"Yeah, I know. I just gotta make a change, that's all," he shrugged. "And aren't you gonna congratulate me?" he stared at us who were still not believing him. "Hello?" he waved his hand right infront of us.

I pushed his hand. "Congrats, Max," I smiled and patted his shoulder. Lauren did the same. We continued to walk toward the cafeteria.

"Oh wait," Max remembered something. We stopped for awhile and turned our gaze at Max who was taking out two tickets. He handed it to us. "You're welcome to watch the awesome ME on stage," he laughed at his own joke.

We took it and got excited. "Thanks, Max! I'm definitely gonna watch it," Lauren said happily.

I shook my head at Lauren who was looking at her ticket while grinning.

After taking our meals -- burgers, as usual -- and sat at our usual place. The far end of the cafeteria. I saw Drake sitting at our table, at MY place. I stomped angrily toward him and pulled his arm to get him to stand.

"Get up!" I yelled in rage, my cheeks were blazing hot. Its not like I was being selfish, its because I didn't want to see his face anymore. Then, I remembered Lauren who broke up with him. Maybe Lauren was feeling the same way as me -- angry. She was standing beside me, crossing her arms.

Drake held his hand at his hand up high above his chest -- like when someone's arrested. "Woah man!" he said, acting suprised.

I shot him an intimidating look. He laughed at my face. When I didn't respond, he stopped laughing. "Aww, someone's mad," he mocked. He laughed again -- even louder.