Chapter 13

Ok, first things first. Sorry because I wasn't been updating. You see, I was at my grandmother's house and I spent my week there. And there wasn't any internet connection so...no wattpad. Anyway, I hope you enjoy Chapter 13! Thanks if you read this chapter!! :'D

Enjoy reading!!

Chapter 13

"Drake?!" Chloe startled. She went back, her palms on the floor. When he got closer, Chloe was already leaning at the wall.

"You're with that bastard?" he asked, huffing and puffing while pointing at Max. He sounded intimidating.

"What?" she glanced at Max. She shooked her head quickly. "No!"

Drake when closer and closer. He squatted infront of Chloe and jabbed a finger at her. "One more time I see you with him, you'll be dead," he warned. He turned his back.

Chloe stood up angrily. She crossed her arms and yelled, "Oh yeah? What's the best you can do?" she challenged. She tried to act casual but she was actually shivering inside.

Drake turned around to face her. He smirked and went closer to her. Chloe tried to push him away but he was too strong for her. His chest was very close to her's. Before their chests made contact, Chloe stopped him. "What the, what's with you?" she asked, keeping a long distance between them.

Drake looked down, rubbing his temple. "I -- I --," he stuttered. "I don't know. I just --"

"You what? Huh? You came here just to freak the hell out of my mind? I mean, jeez, Drake," she nagged. She was steaming with anger. 

Breathe, Chloe, breathe.

She pushed Drake aside and walked toward the toilet. She stood infront of the mirror, gazing at herself. There she was, looking completely messed up. Part of her hair was sticking out, her dress was crumpled after all the sliding-on-the-floor-to-avoid-Drake incident. Her face? Hard to read. It was like a mixture of sadness, anger, frightened and depressed. Suddenly, she burst into tears. Her mascara was rolling down with her tears, which messed up her make-up. She wiped her tears with the back of her hands.

She pulled out her mascara and touched-up the mess. But it didn't really work out because there were tears still rolling down her cheek. She gave up, stuffed her mascara in her hand bag and walked toward the door. Then, she froze.

What if Drake's there?, she thought, biting her lower lip.

She pushed the door slowly to peek outside. No sign of Drake. She tiptoed outside, looking left and right, her eyes scanning the place if there was Drake anywhere. Still, he wasn't there. I guess he left, Chloe breathed a sigh of relief.

She headed for the table where Max was enjoying his food. He was slicing his steak with a knife. A napkin was tucked at his shirt under his neck like a bib. Chloe snatched the napkin from his shirt and smirked.

"Hey! That's mine," Max startled. He reached for the napkin but Chloe held it up high.

"A bib? I mean, really, Max?" she smirked, glancing at the napkin then back at him. Max just laughed and continue enjoying his food.

Chloe took her seat. She gazed at her food. Her stomache didn't want any food after that incident with Drake. She took the fork and swirled the coleslaw slowly, feeling very moody. Max stopped eating. He looked up at Chloe and jabbed a thumb at her food. "Aren't you gonna eat that?" he asked hungrily.

Chloe shook her head and motioned the plate toward him. She leaned at her chair and crossed her legs. She waited for Max to finish eating so they could leave that place faster. She didn't want to bump into Drake again because it will cause another serious matter. Speaking of Drake, she thought about the incident.

"One more time I see you with him, you'll be dead," 

Dead?, Chloe gulped. Should I leave this place without waiting for Max. I need to get out of here -- FAST!.

She stood up slowly, the chair let out a sound when it was moved backwards. Max let out a boring expession. "Seriously? You're going to the toilet again?" he asked, munching on a piece of meat.

"No," she shook her head, grabbing her purse. She took out some money from it.

"Here. Its for the food," she handed out the money, ignoring Max who was suprised. "I gotta go because I have homework," she lied.

"Really?" Max raised his eyebrow. He didn't take the money, yet.

"Yes," she answered, a little too fast. It was so obvious that it sounded like a lie.

"Chloe, what's going on?" he asked, taking the money after hesitating. Chloe kept silent.

Think of something, Chloe thought, closing her eyes tightly.

"Chloe?"

Chloe didn't say a word. She ignored his question and ran toward the entrance.

Forgive me, Max, Chloe said in her mind while running.

Suddenly, a drop of water fell on her arm. She looked up. Rain! Quickly, she ran to the nearest shelter. Luckily, at the corner of the road, there stood a telephone box. She ran into it and closed the door. She dialled her mother's number. When her mother picked up the phone, her voice was husky. "Hello? Who's this?"

"Hi Mom. Its me. Are you sleeping?" she bit her lower lip, tightly holding the telephone receiver with both of her hands.

"No Chloe, I'm bungee jumping," Mrs. Hilton said sarcastically.

"Funny, Mom," Chloe rolled her eyes. "Anyway, I was hoping if you can pick me up,"

She could hear her Mom getting out of the bed. A loud yawn was heard too.

"Aren't you with Max?' her Mom reminded her.

"No. Yeah, I mean, no. Umm, but I left him. So...." Chloe said nervously.

"You what?" her Mom yelled, suprised. "Where are you now?

"Jeez, Mom. Don't panic. I'm at the telephone box near the shops," she said, keeping an eye of Drake anywhere.

Suddenly her Mom hung up. Probably rushing to pick Chloe up. She waited patiently inside the telephone box.

Fifteen minutes later, Mrs. Hilton still hasn't showed up.

What's taking her so long?, she thought.

Just then, there was a knock at the glass window at the telephone box. Chloe spun around. When she saw the person who was knocking, she stepped back, her hands covered her mouth.

"Drake!?" she yelled.

He smirked. He tried to open the door. Chloe felt stupid for herself because she forgot to lock it. It swung open and Drake stepped inside. Chloe took three paces backwards.

"No, no, no. Why're you scared?" he still smirked. He went closer to Chloe.

"Get away from me!" Chloe yelled at him. She punched his chest.

Drake grabbed both of her wrist. "Aww, that was cute," he let go of her wrist.

Then, there was a honk, coming from outside. Chloe breathed a sigh of relief. She pushed Drake aside and ran toward the car. The last thing she expected was Drake running after her. She climbed into the car and slammed the door shut.

Her Mom was about to say something about Drake but Chloe said, "Don't say a thing,". Her Mom shrugged and headed for home.