Chapter 6

"Max?" Chloe startled. She led Max into her house and sat on the sofa.

There was complete awkward silence.

"Here's for you," Max handed the bouquet of flowers to Chloe. He tried to smile but it turned out weird.

"Thanks," Chloe took the flowers and smelled it. For the first time, she felt awkward and uncomfortable with Max.

"I just wanted to know that, umm, if you're feeling better now," Max stammered. He felt worried about her.

Chloe nodded. "Yeah, I'm OK," she placed the flowers in a vase. She took a quick glance at the flowers and smiled. She turned back to face Max. Then she thought about something. "I'm gonna make you a drink if you want,"

When she was about to head for the kitchen, Max grabbed her hand. "No thank you. I just want to tell you something,"

"Hmm?" Chloe raised her eyebrows. Max can be secretive sometimes. She sat down on the sofa and waited for him to tell her.

"I just wanted to tell you..."

Suddently Chloe's Mom came in. She was heading for the door. "Chloe, I'm going to the store and buy some things. Wanna come?".

Chloe shook her head. Her Mom nodded and shut the door leaving her daughter and Max. Chloe turned to faced Max and said. "Continue what you were saying,"

Max was nervous. "I think I gotta go," he got up and headed for the door.

"But, Max!" she ran after him. But Max was already at the frontyard getting into his car.

"I'll talk to you later!" he shut the car's door. He fastened his seatbelt and drove off.

 ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

It was still a school day. Chloe was ready to go to school in her latest white top and a pair of skinny jeans. She wore her favourite sandals and reached for the door knob. When she almost arrived at her Mom's car, it started to rain.  At first it was just drizzling but seconds after that, it rained cats and dogs. Chloe ran into her house and grabbed her hoodie. Her Mom went to get her car keys and noticed Chloe was being in such a hurry.

"Want an umbrella?" Mrs. Hilton offered as she reached for an umbrella.

Chloe rolled her eyes. "Nerd!". She shrugged on her hoodie and went outside of the house. She ran quickly toward the car and got into it.

Mrs. Hilton put up her umbrella and walked toward the car. She sat on the driver's seat and closed the umbrella. She shut the door and drove off.

Along the journey, Chloe didn't say a word to Mrs. Hilton. She just had a terrible mood since she met Heather. Whenever someone asked if she was alright, she will nod and avoid them. She didn't want to create conversation to anyone except for Lauren. She wanted to share her problems with Max but she kinda felt weird around him.

She was busy thinking of her problems, she didn't realize that they already reached her school's parking lot.

"Aren't you getting in school?" Mrs. Hilton reminded her one and only daughter. She didn't know what's getting into Chloe these days.

Chloe nodded feeling embarrassed of herself. She went out of the car and ran towards the school entrance. It was still raining and she was trying to avoid from getting wet. She didn't want to be all soaky went she's in class.

She walked toward her locker which was far from the school entrance. She hated to walk so far. Weather she liked it or not, she had to. She shared the same problem with Lauren because their lockers are next to eachother. She arrived in front of her locker. She turned the lock and reached for her Maths book.

Chloe took the book out and a small piece of note slipped right off the book. Someone must have slit it in her book when she wasn't around. But how did she/he knew her lock combination? She hated when there's so many questions to be asked but none of it can be answered. She loved misteries, only when its solved.

She unfolded the note and it said "Should I confess my feelings to you?". Chloe widened her eyes. She became more furious. Why won't he show off himself to me?, Chloe thought, I won't bite.

Little that she knew that there was a guy, also known as her secret admire, watching her from far. He smiled to see Chloe clueless.