Dead

"ugh...." darkness was all he saw before he opened his eyes, wincing at the harsh, blinding light of the medical wing. Harry sat up in bed slowly.

"How are you feeling...?" Draco asked, having been sitting at Harry's bedside since he was admitted 3 hours ago.

"i feel....." Harry knew what happened, the second he collapsed he knew what was happening. "I feel groggy....cloudy.." His throat was sore and dry and he couldn't feel his legs.

"Whatever it was...your body rejected it....and it died" Draco was still trying to wrap his head around something.....

The THING had blonde hair and green eyes...and it looked human.

"I...." he nodded softly, tears forming in his eyes. He wondered to himself why he was so attached. It wasn't human, they were never really sure what it was.

Draco frowned softly and wiped his tears "Harry..." he said "Hey, its alright..." he didn't know how to comfort or console him. He never was very good at those things.

Harry laid his head on Draco's shoulder, trying not to cry. His heart ached at the thought that whatever it was, it was gone. He couldn't stop himself from crying and Draco just held him, not knowing what else to do.

He sniffled and cried softly, burying himself in Draco's chest. He tried to calm down and soon fell asleep, still exhausted.

Draco felt horrible. This entire time he had waved it off as if that thing didn't matter. Slowly he began to realize the truth. It wasn't a 'thing'

It was their daughter.

The stoic blonde let a tear fall in the realization that it wasn't what they thought it was. That spell had not created a plant hybrid, it had created a human. A living breathing child. And he turned a blind eye, consciously waved it away, when he was told it was dead. That SHE was dead.

"What have I done....." he held Harry close. He could see his daughter's pale face when he closed his eyes. The question was, was it just Harry's? Or did it somehow have his DNA to-

"no" he said to himself thinking it impossible. It couldn't have been both of theirs. It was Harry's and Harry's alone.

Or so he made himself believe.