Double date

Cyrus POV

We looked up and saw both of them through the window. Together. My palms started to sweat.
"Hey Cy" "What's up Buffy". They said as they walked in.
I looked at Buffy, not knowing what to do. Buffy looked at them and said, "you're late".
"Sorry", Marty gave her a forehead kiss. Her face changed for a second but then went back to annoyed.
"Well, where were you two?" She asked. TJ sat down next to me and my heart started to race.
"Uh....." TJ looked at Marty for an answer.
"I overslept", said Marty.
"Really? Well you were at the mall earlier today", she turned, "you too TJ"
Their eyes got big. I turned to TJ but I couldn't look him in the eye. I looked down at his hand. I wanted to hold it but- please have an answer, TJ.
"Maybe turn your location off before sneaking around", she said, "So what were you guys doing?"
Marty and TJ looked like they were having a telepathic conversation.
"You guys don't have an answer?", Buffy folded her arms, "Well then I guess me and Cyrus can just leave then". We were sitting in the inside seats of the booth so she sat and waited for Marty to move.
"Wait", TJ stopped us, "we have an explanation"
"Well what is it Kippen?" Buffy was basically giving him a death stare.
"I can't tell you. It's a surprise", he said. I looked at Buffy to see if she believed it. I couldn't tell.
"Yeah. You'll find out soon", said Marty.
Buffy waited for a while. She then said "BS" and got onto the table.
"W-What are you doing?" Marty looked up at her standing on the table.
"Leaving", she jumped off the table and walked out the door. Marty got up and ran after her.

I sat there with TJ still next to me. We both sat there in shock at what had just happened.
"What was that about?" Asked TJ.
"Uh, Teej?" I didn't want to believe that TJ and Marty were together. That they went on a secret date this morning. That he was lying to me.
"What is it?"
"Me and Buffy", I stopped myself. I can't tell him that we spied on him. What if this is all a conspiracy and he thinks I'm just a jealous person. That I don't trust him.

He waited for me to continue. He moved his hand closer to mine.
"So your secret is a surprise?" I finally asked.
"I guess?" He didn't seem to know what secret I was talking about.
"You and Marty have been acting strange lately so we thought-" I hesitated, "we thought that you were keeping a secret from us"
"Is that why she's way too mad about us being a few minutes late?" He laughed.
"She thought you were cheating", I didn't even realize that I had said this out loud.
"Like, we were both cheating or...?"
"That you two were.... together", I looked away from him, "and I kinda thought that too"
"You thought I would cheat on you? With Marty? Actually, with anyone?"
"I'm sorry I knew it wasn't true but I started to get nervous and you two were obviously keeping a secret so that was the first thing that came to mind and then I told Buffy and she started to believe and-" I ran out of breath from talking way to fast.
"Cy", he put his hand on my arm", I would never cheat on you. You know I love you". A tear rolled down my cheek.
"Come here", he scooted close to where our legs were touching and wrapped his arms around me. I buried my face into his chest.
"I'm sorry. I should have trusted you"
"It's ok. I'm sorry too", he said.
"For what?" I sniffled and looked up at him.
"I can't tell you yet", he smirked.
"I was so scared of this secret but then I was intrigued but now I'm scared again"
He ruffled up my hair, "soon"

Buffy POV

Marty ran after me once I left the spoon.
"Wait!", he caught up. I stopped for him.
"What Marty", I said.
"I know this all looks a bit odd but I promise it's a good surprise", he had his hands together like he was pleading.
"Really. You two went to the mall together to buy us a surprise?" I toned down my annoyed voice.
"Yes. Why else would we be there together?"
I rubbed my lips together, "we had our suspicions"
"About...?"
"You two secretly dating. It wasn't my idea", I quickly added.
He was shocked at first. "You think... that I'm secretly gay?" He sounded almost offended.
"Cyrus said you could be bi", I tried to defend myself.
"I am so confused", he shook his head.
"Okay, there was evidence", I said, "how were we supposed to know that you two were planning a surprise"
"You weren't", he said.
"Well when both of you are bad liars then that makes it pretty hard"
"That's fair I guess"
"When two people sneak around together, lie about it, and then show up late together, then there is one obvious conclusion"
"I can now see how bad that would look". Then behind me I heard people running towards us. I turned around and saw Cyrus and TJ.
"Wait buffy", Cyrus wailed.
"It's fine Cyrus. I get it now", he caught up.
"Oh you do?", he took a deep breath, "then why did I run here?"
"I don't know", I laughed.
"So should we go on that double date?" Asked TJ. Everyone nodded.

We all walked back to the spoon and sat back down at our booth. Amber walked through the door to start her shift.
"Ooh. I'll start with this table", she said as she walked over to us.
"Can I get a round of milkshakes?"

Cyrus POV

We got our shakes and baby tators. Marty fed Buffy some like the cliche couple they are.
"Sorry about all of this", I said, "it's really all my fault"
"I think it's our fault", said TJ pointed back and fourth between him and Marty.
"I blame myself for believing Cyrus' conspiracy", said Buffy
"That would still make it my fault", I said.
"I say we just blame all of us", said Marty. I knew deep down that it was all my fault but I decided to leave it at that. I just wanted to talk about something else.
"Did you guys think the history test was hard?" I asked.
"I was fine with it", said TJ
"Really? I barely finished before the bell rang", said Buffy.
"Same!" I agreed.
"I for sure failed that", said Marty
"Same", said amber coming back over to our table.
"We're not even in the same grade", I said.
"That doesn't mean my test wasn't hard", she smiled.
"More baby tators?" She asked.
"Always"

We went bowling about 20 minutes later. Buffy ended up winning. I lost by a long shot but that doesn't matter. What matters is that we were all fine again. TJ wasn't mad at me (I hope) and Marty and Buffy seemed to be doing good. Everything was good. Great. I couldn't wait to find out what the surprise was. I was a bit upset that I sorta spoiled it for myself but I was more exited than anything. Exited to find out what it was. I was still mad at myself for not trusting TJ and being jealous. He forgave me before I even forgave myself. Reason #2747286 why I love him.